Testing Out My Dslr... Guess Who Got To Pose Lol!?!

I've wanted to learn more about photography for forever... So I finally got around to it! These are some of my first tentative shots learning to use the settings. Loving the learning about depth of focus and some lighting tricks! Nothing groundbreaking but not too bad for a newbie to photography. Of course Zara was the first subject I wanted to capture-just wish I had gotten into it earlier to have gotten pictures of her as a small pup!

post-10233-0-93916300-1374908082_thumb.jpost-10233-0-72933800-1374908108_thumb.jpost-10233-0-67799100-1374908159_thumb.j

I was looking into second hand Nikon and cannons but my OH found a Konica Minolta he purchased about 8 years ago, and it's still really good! Great beginners camera, really easy to use and his came with a few different lenses which have been fun to play around with :)

Abby uses a Minolta and her pictures always come out amazing, she also told me its a great beginners camera. It's also nice because it doesn't have a ton of buttons like a Nikon or Canon does so you don't get too overwhelmed by the vast variety of settings. Great pics to start :)

I was looking into second hand Nikon and cannons but my OH found a Konica Minolta he purchased about 8 years ago, and it's still really good! Great beginners camera, really easy to use and his came with a few different lenses which have been fun to play around with :)

I was going to say that i have one too but Megan beat me to it. xD I do love it but it's got that first blank frame problem that a lot of the models had when they came out. Sometimes it gets really bad and it's just annoying. I do get some really good pictures with it though. ;) I'm looking to upgrade within a couple years because i played with a Nikon D80 and loved it!

Thankfully I don't get the blank screen shots. Just having trouble working out the best set up for artificial light photos (night time with house lights on). The pic either look washed in amber and have golden tones even though the detail is fine, or they are true to colour but really blurry! More learning/practising needed :)