People And Bull Breeds!!

Bambi92

People wonder why bull breeds have a bad name!

I was sitting out the front today with OH and mum when I hear 3 dogs bark two little maltease looking dogs and I think an American staffy cross beautiful boy the guy walking him told him to sit the dog sat for a hole of 5secs then pulled forward wanting to play with these two little dogs which were now being walked across the road away from him. The guy then proceeds to hit the poor boy in the face with his leash and his hands because he couldn't control him and the dog was pulling away trying to stop him from hitting him it didnt work the guy kept hitting the poor dog until the dog sat shaking started walking down the road the dog was pulling and jumping around. I wanted to go over to the guy ask for the leash and slap him in the face with it then hit him how he was hitting the poor dog. When the dog bites him the poor thing will be PTS because of this guys stupidity my OH wouldn't let me go over there and say something to him so I said loud enough for him to hear "I should record him and give it to the RSPCA" he looked up realised we were watching him then stopped and walked off if I see him again and he does the same thing I won't listen to my OH and ill go say something to him!

He did all this on the corner of a main road that was busy at the time.

People make me so angry these poor dogs are getting a bad name because of idiot owners like this person! If he can't control the poor dog he shouldn't have him simple as that this dog was a beautiful dog.

Gggaaaaarrrraaaahhhhhhh!!!!

The thing is if the dog ever decides to defend himself, the guy will run him to the shelter and have him put to sleep, all the while crying, "I have no idea what happened...." *grumbles*

Speaking as an owner of a breed that is put right up there with the bullies [chow], I understand the importance of knowing my breed and assuring I know my own dog extremely well...that includes knowing his down falls. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy bought this pup on impulse and knew little to nothing about the breed. Now he obviously can't handle the dog he has grown into and is taking his frustration out on the dog, rather than just put in the work it required in the first place. Too many do this and then are disappointed their dog isn't like Lassie on tv, they never stop to think that it took training to get him to that point.

Anyway, BSL is a real rant of mine, but this guy you described was a real piece of work. It's a shame because if he did that in front of people, I could only imagine what he does in private. 

That's exactly right. This dog looked all of about 1 maybe 2 at the oldest he wasn't very old the guy walking him would of been at least 40s maybe old and should know better. The dog had a head collar on so every time the guy pulled (extremely hard) on the leash it pulled the poor things head sideways like its ment to but not like he was doing it. The dog had a muzzle on when he first walked passed but on his way back there was no muzzle anywhere I could see unless he put it in his pocket I'd really like to find where this person lives and go tell him what the word training means. It was clear that he hadn't trained the dog much if at all not the right way anyway he was trying to get the dog to lay down by pulling his neck to the ground but the dog tried to back away.

Training is the key with any dog no matter what breed but some times its more the humans that need to be trained before they even think about getting a dog specially a dog that's got the power behind it to pull you to the ground and dare I say hurt someone (any dog can do that but like they say bigger dogs do more damage)

They need dog education program's here it happens way to much and its the poor dogs that suffer not the idiots that cause it

Sibes are unique in the Spitz/Husky/Laika world in that they are the least sharp of any of the breeds. People think love will fix all and often get a dog they don't need because the dog has a physical trait they find appealing not realizing that they can't expect every dog to be happy to play at a dog park. These poor pups often get thrown into situations they are uncomfortable in and are then expected to  "play nice". On the flip side people will use dogs that they find aesthetically intimidating and expect the dog to be that way in temperament as well. When the poor dog just doesn't cut it, they do what they can to make it so. 

A good example of that is a customer I had a few years ago. They had a GSD puppy that they purposely unsocialized and attempted to "make mean" to protect their property as a guard dog. I explained the problems with that way of training a guard and was told that if the dog bit him the man would kill it just like he did with the last dog that tried to bite him.

It saddens me that this is an all too common occurrence with some bull breed owners. Of course the same thing can occur with owners of any breed but there are some real scum bags in this country that take great pride in developing aggressive dogs. Insecure, macho BS. Owners like this should be banned from pet ownership!

I sometimes wonder if there should be a human-breed specific legislation (HBSL)??? :angry:

It saddens me that this is an all too common occurrence with some bull breed owners. Of course the same thing can occur with owners of any breed but there are some real scum bags in this country that take great pride in developing aggressive dogs. Insecure, macho BS. Owners like this should be banned from pet ownership!

I sometimes wonder if there should be a human-breed specific legislation (HBSL)??? :angry:

Exactly some humans don't deserve a dog at all! It happens way too much!

I seen him again today walking the dog. The dog was walking nicely happy and calm didnt see him on his way back though.