Husky Size?

cshane70

My female is 43lbs at 14 months which I am thinking that is about average. My male is 60 lbs at 9 months which he is still looks like he keeps growing. I feed them Wilderness and a few treats but my question is how much more can I expect him to get? He is not over weightand has not even filled out yet.

I asked the same question !  My boys ten and a half months and has been big all the way !  The answer I got was don't worry,  as long as he's healthy it's not  problem. As for how big they get,  I know a couple of the ladies on here have REALLY big boys and girls ( take  a deep breath, 100lbs plus)  and just so you don't panic completely my boys really slowed down lately.

this is the breed standard 

Weight

Male 45–60 pounds (20–27 kg)  

Female 35–50 pounds (16–23 kg)

Height

Male 21–23.5 inches (53–60 cm)  

Female 20–22 inches (51–56 cm)

however it depends on your dogs if they will follow this or not , my girl is 24 inches tall so 0.5 inches taller than a male should be and 2 inches taller than a female should be so weighs more because of this (she weighs around 80lbs) but as my male is 23 inches tall he is breed standard and only weighs 1lb over the breed standard weight at 61lbs 

Curious...for height how do you measure?  I read that you were to measure from the bottom of the paw to the top of the shoulder, is that right?  If that is the case I think I measured wrong, because I had Kodiak at 27", Nikko at 26", and Yukon at 22", and Yukon is WAY smaller than breed standard, and by that he is right in the middle.  And that would make my other two WAY bigger.

For weight though, all of mine are in the breed standard; Yukon 46lbs, Nikko 53lbs, Kodiak 58lbs.

Also, I noticed that by 9-10 months they  pretty much stopped growing 

this is the breed standard 

Weight

Male 45–60 pounds (20–27 kg)  

Female 35–50 pounds (16–23 kg)

Height

Male 21–23.5 inches (53–60 cm)  

Female 20–22 inches (51–56 cm)

however it depends on your dogs if they will follow this or not , my girl is 24 inches tall so 0.5 inches taller than a male should be and 2 inches taller than a female should be so weighs more because of this (she weighs around 80lbs) but as my male is 23 inches tall he is breed standard and only weighs 1lb over the breed standard weight at 61lbs 

Curious...for height how do you measure?  I read that you were to measure from the bottom of the paw to the top of the shoulder, is that right?  If that is the case I think I measured wrong, because I had Kodiak at 27", Nikko at 26", and Yukon at 22", and Yukon is WAY smaller than breed standard, and by that he is right in the middle.  And that would make my other two WAY bigger.

For weight though, all of mine are in the breed standard; Yukon 46lbs, Nikko 53lbs, Kodiak 58lbs.

Also, I noticed that by 9-10 months they  pretty much stopped growing 

yep from floor to top of withers (shoulder blades) 

image001.gif