My New Floors

Andy

So while trying to decide which new Stooooopidly expensive Dyson Hoover to get, I had a brainstorm.

(Yes it did hurt !!!)

How about ripping up the carpet and putting in Laminate flooring ????

Cost of Laminate flooring under £200

Cost of Dyson Hoover over £400

So sayonara to the carpet.

Ordered the laminate, informed my Eldest son that he would be helping me :)

So 3 days ago stripped everything out of the ground floor.

(No internet for 3 days. . . aaaaarrrrggggghhhh :eek: )

Friday afternoon got stuck in. Got it finished about 9pm Saturday night.

My back is killing me, and my legs are taking me to court for cruel and unusual behaviour.

Anyhoooo.

Finished pics.

post-1354-0-88078600-1375007392_thumb.jp

post-1354-0-76882600-1375007406_thumb.jp

post-1354-0-93396100-1375007427_thumb.jp

Darwin enjoying the new cool Floor

post-1354-0-56326800-1375007453_thumb.jp

post-1354-0-24690100-1375007493_thumb.jp

Furniture back in, Darwin not bothered that my son Gary is in his 

Favourite seat. "S'ok. . . I'll just climb on top !!!"

post-1354-0-55727900-1375007507_thumb.jp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oooh its looking lovely. when I bought this house and had to buy all the flooring I couldn't decide between vinyl or laminate, I got vinyl that looks like laminate in the lounge and vinyl that looks like tiles in the kitchen diner hurrah for keeping it clean. talking of which Andy was it you who ordered one of those rubber hairdressing brooms and does it work?

talking of which Andy was it you who ordered one of those rubber hairdressing brooms and does it work?

Haven't had chance to try it yet. . . 

Will let ya know :)

Can I ask where you got it for under £200 ? By th way it looks great

Wickes

http://www.wickes.co.uk/rustic-oak-laminate-flooring/invt/158239/?source=123_74&tmcampid=104&tmad=c&tmplaceref=PPC_ggl_0006635&tmcustom=mkwid|W5fPyZGt_dc|pcrid|7531858372|match||plid|&gclid=CLSNlZme0rgCFRMQtAodb0UApg

AND. . . . . in finding the link I discover that they've knocked 5 quid off the price of each pack. !!!!

Looks good! And sooooo much easier to clean, first thing we did here was rip out the (horrible red and flea infested) carpets only to discover a lovely tile flooring underneath, don't know why they chose to put carpet over it in the first place

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Looks great Andy, well done you. Are you free next weekend? I bought some wood effect Lino for the hallway today, it's kinda weird has this odd 3d effect for the grains but it's gonna be a Sod to cut out around the stairs and alcove underneath.

It looks great Andy! Hat's off to you doing it yourself.  :clap:  I couldn't do it if I had a gun to my head, I have to hire someone.

My water heater blew up and spewed gallons and gallons of water out of a pressurized pipe on the 5th. Part of the repairs from that fiasco are replacing the entire kitchen floor. While looking at that my husband decided that a new floor would look stupid with the old nasty cabinets so we've hired my uncle to build me new custom cabinets, which requires new countertops. And the walls would look horrid with the new cabinets, countertops and floor, necessitating a paint job in the kitchen.

New kitchen floor pattern:  846184000050lg.jpg  New countertop: 722603005656lg.jpg

While looking for countertops we ran across the perfect wood laminate to replace the nasty 18 year old, been-through-two-children carpet in the main room and have added that to the order, which will require a paint job in the great room since the walls won't go with the laminate at all.

Great room floor:  816281008518lg.jpg

Amazing how it piles up!

I've been worried how Sarah will take to the new floor in the great room. She doesn't like slick floors and would be happy to keep the old nasty carpet. Perhaps the cooler factor will help her make the transition.

Edited by elenamarie

Looks great Andy, well done you. Are you free next weekend? I bought some wood effect Lino for the hallway today, it's kinda weird has this odd 3d effect for the grains but it's gonna be a Sod to cut out around the stairs and alcove underneath.

LOL I don't think my legs will have forgiven me by then :eek:

That looks great!!! We too are going to be ripping up our carpet and putting in laminate soon. I'm hoping 8-12 weeks from now. And great choice in color, the stuff we are looking at looks very much like that... ;)

Yeah it's got a rich colour and almost every panel has a different grain pattern, lovin' it :)

Great job Andy, 

Hard floors are so much healthier than carpet. I did mine a few years ago and the crap that came out of our well cleaned carpet was amazing. Bugger of a job but well worth the effort. 

If you are gunna put quarter rounds or skirtings on, make sure you seal them before laying as it will save you a big leg and back ache.

Looks great!

Wish we owned the house were in now I'd get rid of the carpet. The whole house is tiled except for Loungeroom and bedrooms really don't see the point in carpet its a pain in the butt to keep clean

Just ordered the Scotia to go around the edges.

Gonna have to buy me a nailgun to fix it to the skirting.

Oh, the mayhem I can cause with one of those :P!!!!!!