Credit Rating

Stormy

I have just realised why I have a bad credit rating.

I was just watching super scrimpers and it said about joint accounts and you automatically take their bad credit. I have been trying to figure it out when Vodafone declined me as I pay all my bills and credit cards and phone etc and now I know as I have a joint account with rob that is never used but I have automatically taken on his bad credit I never realized that could happen till now.

Not good.

So if you split from the joint account and go back

to a solo account will that dissasociate you from his bad credit ??

ooooh I  vowed never to do joint accounts. I am so glad I did cos him indoos was a tw@ with money. hope you get it sorted. but anyway if you go back to single account and pay your bills off and credit card bills off it shouldn't take too long for it to re adjust  having said that, do you pay the minimum payment on credit card bills ecause that will drag you down as will vodaphones refusal :-(

I know here if you have a joint account you both have to close the account together. Even if you want your name off you both have to do it. That's was for a checking account but I don't know if the same applies for a credit account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I will ask him to cancel it with me. We have split up now so it needs to be sorted.

:(. Sorry your going through that but I think you'll be happier in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's not such a bad thing having a bad credit rating. I got a bad credit rating years ago and it taught me that if I wanted something then I had to save up and buy it. No credit, one bill less a month to worry about. These days I do have my credit card but that is all I want and all I need and it's for emergency use only.

Gary.

Once you close the account you can get a copy of your credit report, I think it's experion,  I'm sure there's someone you can write to to tell them your now financially single, I'm pretty sure even if you close the account if you don't inform the credit people then his rating can still effect you.  Moneysavingexpert might have more info

It shouldn't have a huge affect you will be linked by it though but would close it as soon as you can if you Google experien you can sign up for a free credit check just cancel before they charge you 15 quid a month lol

I look at peoples credit reports daily in my job so if you need any help or advice hun just ask x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Its not experian, its credit expert. Worth having a sign up just to check. Although yes your credit can be adversely affected by others who are linked to you it shouldnt be so much to stop you getting something like a vodafone contract.

One of the worst things for bad credit to be honest is actually having no credit at all. Purely as there is nothing to base your rating on.

Marc is right. That's what happened to us when we first started out. Never had any debts and never owned a credit card in my life, I expected my credit to be exemplary but apparently not. Poor credit ratings are not the worst thing, it's when you have a ccj against you that things get dicey, from what I've heard.

I signed up and did the credit check then canceled during the trial period

Wanted to check as I had been turned down for a few credit cards. My score was fine. Wasn't given any real reason as to why I was turned down.

It's worth doing for peace of mind. Doesn't cost anything

Also seen why that vodafone may have been declined... the idiots put the wrong house number in they put 17 instead of 78 :S

Go down there, give them a slap

Demand to see the manager

demand a Samsung S4 or HTC ONE on a minimum pay monthly contract

for all the hassle of being turned down and having a poor credit rating scored against you

as a result of their fumble fingered input.

Tell them you went to get a mortgage but as a result of their poor search the bank manager wouldn't even talk to you.

Go all Sparta on them. . . lol :P

Go down there, give them a slap

Demand to see the manager

demand a Samsung S4 or HTC ONE on a minimum pay monthly contract

for all the hassle of being turned down and having a poor credit rating scored against you

as a result of their fumble fingered input.

Tell them you went to get a mortgage but as a result of their poor search the bank manager wouldn't even talk to you.

Go all Sparta on them. . . lol :P

lmao thats not a bad idea that!