Need Some Help. Vomitting Problem

Tiberius'Dad

Ok, here is the thing. Tiberius has been vomitting a bit. About a few days ago he threw up his kibble he ate during the night sometime, he is eating royal canin. Then later that day before breakfast he threw up a clear/milky foam, and after that zero problems. But last night, a few days later, on our walk, before dinner, he threw up the same clear/milky foam. He did lick and bite at a toad before I could stop him then night he threw up the kibble. The only other symptom he shows is that he has a cough/wheeze, which I attributed to the sticks he is so fond of chewing up, which I have taken away from him. Other then that he seems totally normal. Has a big appitite, tons of energy, and drinks plenty of water. Please I need help.

Hard to diagnose over the Internet, but will try to give you a few ideas. How frequently do you feed him? If he is still a pup, three times a day is recommended. If an adult, normally twice a day. How much are you feeding? The amount listed on dog food bags is normally too much for a Husky. We feed our adults twice s a day, one cup each at each feeding.

How are his stools? Firm or loose? Has it been hot where you live? The clear milky foam is common when a dog is hungry and has not been fed for too long a period. But can be caused by other issues. You mentioned sticks that he chews. If he had swallowed wood, that could cause stomach upset.

I would make sure he is getting plenty of water. You might want to put him on a diet of scrambled eggs for a day or two, to make sure his tummy settles. Not familiar with Royal Canin. Is it grain free? If not, you may want too look at something like Taste of the Wild or Diamond Naturals Grain Free. Just make sure if you switch foods to do it gradually. Takes about a week.

After a couple days of scrambled eggs, if the vomiting does not clear up, best to have the vet check him over. If his condition turns call the vet.

He eats half a cup of kibble morning, mid-day and at night.

His stool is usually firm, every now and then its a medium consitincy, never loose or runny.

It has been very hot. High 90s. Yes he ingested wood, there was wood in his stool, there may have been some in his vomit.

He drinks plenty of water, he has a small bowl he drinks from while eating and a two gallon bowl he has for anytime.

His kibble was provided to us by his vet, so I can't imagine it would be bad for him. Though I am unsure if it is grain free.

I'll buy some eggs for him tonight, how many eggs per serving?

Does he eat grass ??

That's a common dog thing and it tends to induce vomiting . 

Is he eating his food really fast, they can get a large air bubble trapped behind a large mass of food if the eat too fast.

The reaction is like a burp to clear the blockage but it forces the food out.