Grrrr Luna!

love4Luna

Look at my door! That is a NEW door, NEW inner frame, NEW gasket, and I just sanded and painted the frame earlier this spring.

She shredded the gasket, scratched up the door and frame to hell, and chewed up the inner frame. I have enough fixing projects to last a lifetime!post-9409-0-87443900-1375113960_thumb.jp

Naughty Luna. So far this is one area we haven't had to deal with! Of course she doesn't get the chance since she's almost always monitored or crated.

I usually do too. This was a "go ahead honey, take a long relaxing bath and nap. I'll watch the kids and dogs."

Its OK, I'll just add it to the ever growing list. Lol

Hahahahaha that sounds like my other half. He says, "Go to happy hour with friends! It's okay! I'll watch the dog!" and I come home an hour later to find him snoring on the couch and the dog sitting in a pile of half-chewed dirty socks.

whoops!

Kinda looks like my back door lol

Looks like mine too...When they want in, they will scratch at the door! I have to teach them not to because I have to buy a new door soon :o

I wish it was my back door. Nope its my front, for the whole neighborhood to see! Lol

I need to figure out how to get Luna to stop scratching too. not sure how to break the cycle though. I don't want her to scratch so when I hear it I open the door and bring her In and get her to stop. Which has set the cycle. I can't very well just ignore it when she scratches either cuz it'll just keep happening and I won't have a door anymore. hmmm.

Oh dear :(

Teo has started scratching at my new backdoor.....Grr! I'm trying to stop this at the moment and have come up with throwing a small cup of water out off the upstairs window over him.......not sure if this is the best idea?......but I won't let him into the house until the scratching has stopped, but can't allow him to ruin my door in the process! I think its slowly sinking in now as he isn't scratching quite so much this last few days

Shadow likes to think he can dig through doors as you can see in my latest thread lol he does it on glass to...... Skye however doesn't do this atall

Don't tempt fate Storm!....never say never, otherwise Skye could prove you wrong!

Oh dear :(

Teo has started scratching at my new backdoor.....Grr! I'm trying to stop this at the moment and have come up with throwing a small cup of water out off the upstairs window over him.......not sure if this is the best idea?......but I won't let him into the house until the scratching has stopped, but can't allow him to ruin my door in the process! I think its slowly sinking in now as he isn't scratching quite so much this last few days

That sounds like a great idea to me actually. It won't work for me darn it. I have a ranch style house. I don't have any windows close enough either. ***Unless...*** I buy a super soaker squirt gun and shoot at her by sticking my entire upper half out the window!!! Lmao! Yeah, I'm sure that won't produce weird looks from the neighbors...

Wow, that's a good bit of handy (mouthy) work there. 

I have heard of people using bitter apple spay to stop the chewing of furniture etc, dunno if it would deter scratching though???

Wow, that's a good bit of handy (mouthy) work there. 

I have heard of people using bitter apple spay to stop the chewing of furniture etc, dunno if it would deter scratching though???

Nope. I used an entire bottle of that stuff. And it was expensive!!! It didn't do a thing to stop her.