Keeping A Puppy Entertained?

Barkers23

Been feeling like Skyler has been looking bored the last couple of evenings and im looking for ways to keep her entertained.

Her basic day consists of 6am wake up and straight out on a walk for about an hour.  She then gets breakfast and mills about for half hour while i get ready for work.

She then gets crated from 8am - 12pm at which time i come home from work to let her out for a toilet break, dinner and a bit of a play about.  she then gets crated again 1pm to between 4/5pm when i get home.

while she is in her cage she has a number of toys and gets a filled kong and/or other chews to keep her going but she seems to sleep the entire time im out watching the live stream from the webcam.  she sometimes doesnt even wake when i come in.

we go out for another 1+ hour walk after work.

while im home she has the run of the house and garden so does what she wants pretty much.  i will play with her, brush her etc but think i should maybe be doing more as later on in the evening she just seems to wander around a bit looking lost.

shes hasnt been destructive at all.

short of getting another dog which i doubt i could a) cope with or B) afford what else would you guys suggest?

We play fetch in the yard, or sometimes tug with a toy for a bit. She's not usually allowed upstairs so sometimes I'll let her go upstairs and explore and she loves that. She's pretty much non stop action though. If she's not being interacted with, she's usually being naughty somewhere.

I'm not sure either has I have 3 that play with each other and keep them entertained lol.  Sounds like she gets a lot of exercise though!  Your work routine is almost exactly like mine, and mine get half the amount of walks she does!  We have about an hour total of walk time in the evening, and none in the morning. 

I would agree with the dog games and the training. 

She sounds like she gets a lot of attention. That is how I felt with Kato too. We ended up getting another puppy, he seems so much happier now. I love the ideas above too! Do you have a dog park near by? I know when Kato was around that age he loved going to the dog park.

She sounds like she gets a lot of attention. That is how I felt with Kato too. We ended up getting another puppy, he seems so much happier now. I love the ideas above too! Do you have a dog park near by? I know when Kato was around that age he loved going to the dog park.

maybe its just me overthinking then.

no dog park near but the place i walk her in the morning is fenced in and she goes off lead and chases birds etc and has a good run around.

just bought her a stag bar and a load more chews ha.  interactive games can wait till pay day.

maybe its just me overthinking then.

no dog park near but the place i walk her in the morning is fenced in and she goes off lead and chases birds etc and has a good run around.

just bought her a stag bar and a load more chews ha.  interactive games can wait till pay day.

As long as she isn't destroying anything I think she is fine. When Huskies get bored they tend to destroy things.