Shared Ownership Homes

Stormy

My nan sent me a link today of something i had not even thought of myself!

A property has come up on the shared ownership scheme not far from where i am now its in the same village. Its a new build home worth in total £78,950 to which the shared amount i could potentially be buying is 25 percent at £19,738. So I have just been working out if it could be do able.

The rent on the propety would be £197 pcm and mortgage repayments (worked out on a rough mortgage comparison site) between £80 - £90 pcm. The deposit i am unsure how much that is currently if it is the 5% most of the new builds are it is just under a grand, there are also alot of schemes to help first time buyers but all this i havn't looked to deep into as i may not even be accepted as eligible.

So this is very do able. I have put in my interest in the property as i have to go through an application process to see if i am eligible so we shall see :)

This is it:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-42013343.html

Good luck.

One of the guys I work with is in a part rent / part buy place.

WOW £78,000 Brand new !!!

You can't get a garden shed for that down here.

Cheapest start about £175,000

Good luck.

One of the guys I work with is in a part rent / part buy place.

WOW £78,000 Brand new !!!

You can't get a garden shed for that down here.

Cheapest start about £175,000

Yeah well the house im in now (robs house) is a 4 bedroom new build and was only 190,000 property is alot cheaper up this way but then so are wages though i think.

good luck , my brother has a shared house , he has bottom floor i think due to him having a child , seems to be working out really well for them so fingers crossed for u :)

I dont mean you share the house with other people. You own a percentage of the house and rent the other percentage so i would own 25 percent of the house and rent 75 percent off the home group. But you are treated as if you do own the house so you can still do whatever you want to it etc and you have the option to buy more as you become more financially able to later on :)

This sounds like it's worth looking into more, it's less than you wanted to pay monthly so that leaves you some for insurance etc, and at the end you would own your own place. Hope it all works out for you.

Yeah it definitely does i dont know why i didn't think of it myself before! There is another one i have found not in the same area but only 10 mins down the road and slightly more expensive but still cheaper than renting.

Ooh ok when u said shared house I thought like u have one part they have the other but separated (like a little 2 house flat if u know what I mean) good luck anyway tho :-)

Did Nicole let you know about the property to rent in coventry?? It is a husky owner that is asking for someone to rent their home i believe. 500 pcm i think it was.

There are downsides to this as we found out in the 90's Sue and me did it on a 50% share and wished we had not :(

Yeah i will be looking into everything there are downsides to everything though.

That's very interesting!  They don't have anything like that in the states.  The closest we have to that is a land contract where you basically rent to own, and after so many years the landlord will sign over the deed. 

And I thought it was way more expensive over there, your area seems pretty reasonable!  I was able to buy my townhouse with just 3.5% down and my mortgage is less than what my rent was

Well i was on a downer as others got there before me on the application......

but they have backed out... so now to arrange a viewing and figure out how to do it all moneywise just seems the perfect oppurtunity :)

Did Nicole let you know about the property to rent in coventry?? It is a husky owner that is asking for someone to rent their home i believe. 500 pcm i think it was.

There are downsides to this as we found out in the 90's Sue and me did it on a 50% share and wished we had not :(

Yeah i will be looking into everything there are downsides to everything though. nope? Haven't heard anything :-/