Husky Training Trouble

Sarita

Hello there fellow Husky Parents!

So I'm having some real difficulty with my littlest Husky, Apache. He's a very VERY good boy, but he's has some separation anxiety big time. His whining is like a bloody murder scream. I can't leave him at home, if I need to take my other husky to the vet. He just doesn't like it.

When I do the technique of coming in and out, to let him know I'll be coming back. He'll still do the bloody murder scream. I even put toys, kongs with his food (mixture of peanut butter) to keep him occupied, but nothing works. He'll even urinate or poop in his cage from the separation anxiety. Sometimes he'll even get diarrhea from the anxiety too.

Also, when I do commands as in like sit, down, or come. He'll ignore me.

I'm training him as I did with my other Husky, Loba. Which she did well, but Apache seems to be very challenging.

I'm thinking about doing some Training with a professional, which cost an arm and a leg LOL, but I hear a lot of people say it's worth it, just to give that extra push.

So I might even do that as well.

I'm really looking for answers to see what I can do. What do you say about a professional trainer? Is there ways to calm down his separation anxiety?

Hello there fellow Husky Parents!

So I'm having some real difficulty with my littlest Husky, Apache. He's a very VERY good boy, but he's has some separation anxiety big time. His whining is like a bloody murder scream. I can't leave him at home, if I need to take my other husky to the vet. He just doesn't like it.

When I do the technique of coming in and out, to let him know I'll be coming back. He'll still do the bloody murder scream. I even put toys, kongs with his food (mixture of peanut butter) to keep him occupied, but nothing works. He'll even urinate or poop in his cage from the separation anxiety. Sometimes he'll even get diarrhea from the anxiety too.

Also, when I do commands as in like sit, down, or come. He'll ignore me.

I'm training him as I did with my other Husky, Loba. Which she did well, but Apache seems to be very challenging.

I'm thinking about doing some Training with a professional, which cost an arm and a leg LOL, but I hear a lot of people say it's worth it, just to give that extra push.

So I might even do that as well.

I'm really looking for answers to see what I can do. What do you say about a professional trainer? Is there ways to calm down his separation anxiety?

Although I havent tried it there is a product  believe is called a Thunder Coat it wraps around them and is supposed to be very calming.

Also you can get DAP collars which put out pheremones that calm the dog down.

Although I havent tried it there is a product  believe is called a Thunder Coat it wraps around them and is supposed to be very calming.

Also you can get DAP collars which put out pheremones that calm the dog down.

I could try those, Thundercoat is money back guarantee.

Hopefully it'll work.

I'm not sure what DAP collars are though.

I could try those, Thundercoat is money back guarantee.

Hopefully it'll work.

I'm not sure what DAP collars are though.

DAP collars look like a flea collar.

However they put out the same calming pheremones that a new Mother dog puts out to keep the new puppies calm and stress free.

They do work.

We've used them a few years ago on our White GSD Echo, Not for SA but to calm her down from fighting our boy Darwin.

DAP collars look like a flea collar.

However they put out the same calming pheremones that a new Mother dog puts out to keep the new puppies calm and stress free.

They do work.

We've used them a few years ago on our White GSD Echo, Not for SA but to calm her down from fighting our boy Darwin.

Oh wow! That's awesome to hear, I honestly would prefer those than the Thunder Shirt since my little Apache is a bit destructive. LOL

Are they in pet store and are they called DAP exactly or is there a name for them?

Oh wow! That's awesome to hear, I honestly would prefer those than the Thunder Shirt since my little Apache is a bit destructive. LOL

Are they in pet store and are they called DAP exactly or is there a name for them?

I'm sure you can find the same thing on Amazon US

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dap+dog+collar&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=22367666209&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15196099391697556962&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4m1h4q7v9r_b