Keeping Them Out Of Cat's "business"?

love4Luna

The dogs are really grossing me out lately. They keep getting into my cat's (Sinatra's) litter box, ick. They are constantly pulling out "little crunchy treats" and munching on them.

Nothing seems to be deterring them. I'm at the max with usable space in my house, so there isn't anywhere else I can move the litter box. I'm also cleaning it out 2-3 times a day, but I can't be on top of Sinatra every minute to grab his "business". Yelling sharply to startle the girls is useless lol, and Luna actually ENJOYS the squirt bottle so that's out. I have 3 dogs, a cat, and a cockatiel... Sometimes, oh who am I kidding, most of the time, they are all more of a handful than my kids are! Haha!

I'm at a loss, what can I do?

A friend of mine who has a poo-snatching dog got her cats one of those litter boxes that automatically cleans the pan when the cat gets out. She said it has been awesome.

I think the one she has is called scoop free. It has litter trays that she gets off amazon.

Edited by Chula

I think I know what you're talking about. I've seen those before but they are pricey. My other half has said no way. "Why spend $100 on a litter box that cleans itself when you can pay $15 for a regular one and take 5 minutes to clean it yourself?" Which I kinda understand where he is coming from on that.

Yeah they are pricey. I guess the other option would be to put some kind of surround around it that the dogs won't jump, but the cat will. Like a pen of some sort.

LOL I've seen my guys clear a 6 foot fence.

How high is this pen gonna be ????

Be careful with cat litter i believe its toxic to dogs if eaten

Hmmm. Well, if that's the case mine should be gonners by now. I haven't seen any I'll effects, just nasty habits... I'll keep an eye out though. I figure its probably not good for them either way.

BALTO used to be a cat poop eater and occasionally does it now. All dogs love to eat cat poop because it is more fatty and saturated (kind of like cat food). The only thing that has worked for us is leave it, and when he did grab some we took it out of his mouth and he went straight to time out every time. Now he very rarely does it and when he does we take it out of his mouth and straight to time out.