Sashas Behaviour Is Changing

Bambi92

Sasha is starting to become more protective or possessive of food, toys (even if there not hers), she's getting more jealous when ever I or someone plays with Dozer. She has always been a bit jealous of any other animal but never like she is now.

Example: mum and I were throwing the ball with Dozer and Sasha was sitting with us getting pats then she jumped down of the step and bit his back and pulled he sort of yelped and swung his head around to her then barked in her face the way she does it isn't like she's being aggressive its more the play with me not them thing if he ignores her and keeps playing with us she takes his ball off him and walks off with it and tries to hide it (not very well mind you but she tries lol). I'm worried that she might hurt him or end up in a fight while we aren't home on Monday (we have to leave for the hospital at 5.30am and no one will be back until the afternoon Sasha, Missy and Dozer will all be out the back).

Example of the food: Dozer had some kibble left in his bowl and Sasha was eating it Dozer doesn't mind if she eats them but he wanted his kibble back this time and tried to share like they have done before but she growled at him and went to bite his face this time she was being aggressive.

Sasha also growls at people if they just walk passed her while eating and picks what ever food she has up and runs off with it while giving us a look like she's going to eat us instead of the food. She use to do this when I first got her but I got her out of it now she's starting again and I can't work out why unless it has something to do with Missy going near her food bowls but I'm not sure.

What can I try? There all fed separately and they don't get go near the bowls until everyone is finished (Sasha is fed in the kitchen, Missy in the laundry and Dozer out the back) unless my OH let's Missy out or let's them out the back to go potty and Dozer hasn't finished all his kibble.

There won't be any food out the back on Monday because I know Sasha will start a fight and I don't want to come home to Dozer being hurt or worse. But I'm still scared that she won't understand why she's out the back while no one is near she is always inside when no one is home she gets anxious when she is outside and we are out the front even if she can see us through the fence what can I do to help her?

Sasha is fine when she is inside with us (Missy and Delta are Inside as well) she chases them every now and then but its in a playful way Missy doesn't see it that way and goes to bite her throat while jumping in the air but I can understand why she does it Sasha is a giant to her.

Any advise is much appreciated I'm at a loss as to what I can do in such a short time space I'd leave her inside but she will be in for over 10hours and that's way to long for her to be in on her own and not be able to go out to potty.

Regressions like that happen from time to time unfortunately :( but the good news is if you fixed it once, then it shouldn't take that long to fix it the second time. I can't help with anything else since I don't have a lot of knowledge regarding resource guarding but I do know that sometimes old bad habit, whatever it is, pops out again out of the blue...