Dogsitting 50 Dogs

BlueWolf

Look how peaceful they are with me around!  :lol:

post-2355-0-40261100-1375469699_thumb.jp

I've been doing some extra work at a dog hotel I previously did an internship for. Since it's the busiest time of the year for them they could use some extra help (and I could use some extra money  ;) ). Today was the busiest day we've ever had, 50 dogs. The owner has become very worn out working with all these dogs the last weeks (they stay here overnight as well, so she hadn't had much sleep). Today she was able to have a nice relaxing day at the beach while I looked after the dogs on my own! Good thing the heat helped me a bit here  ;)

post-2355-0-50901600-1375469705_thumb.jp

post-2355-0-82010700-1375469711_thumb.jp

post-2355-0-56802100-1375469720_thumb.jp

post-2355-0-18515700-1375469728_thumb.jp

As soon as the clouds blocked the sun they were up being noisy again though. Was good while it lasted  ;)

Yup Tranquilisers in the water works wonders :P

You're doing a fantastic job Jos :up:

Wow, that must have been a great day!!

So many peaceful happy faces!!

I'm dead tired though, lol. Before this I spent two hours on a meadow cleaning the area with two horses, loads of sheep and absolutely no shadow around me.

Yup Tranquilisers in the water works wonders :P

You're doing a fantastic job Jos :up:

Oops, someone has found my secret trick!

WOAH 50 dogs, I don't even know what I would do with 50 dogs!!! I hope they all get a long.

Yep, they do quite good together. There are always a few exceptions but when you know them you usually can spot it before it happens (hint: It are always the smaller dogs!). I either have to give them a warning or, if they are really pushing the boundaries, give them a time out. It has only happened once today.

my dream job. dogs, dogs and more dogs.

Not the cleanest job I can tell you. I always come home with soaking shoes, clothes very dirty and smelly and hands that still have the smell of the raw meat I fed them. My hands are black of things... I don't even want to know and my feet feel like they just about to fall of.

Despite that, I still love this work though. It's worth it, loads of fun and I still learn a lot from it  :)