Finally Replaced Hallway Floor!

Emma

My hallway was a hotspot for Bear and Ice (particularly Ice) for toilet accidents and was in dire need of replacement now they're older.  So finally plucked up the courage to lay a new floor down.  I opted for this weird 3d effect lino over laminate as to be honest I'm lazy and this was the easier and cheaper option.  I got a remnant from the cheapo shop round the corner last weekend and spent the week repainting the skirting boards and ripping out old carpet gripper.  I did the edging all by myself with a Stanley knife and kids plastic ruler!  I'm well chuffed with myself!   lmao

post-6386-0-05444300-1375564756_thumb.jp

post-6386-0-82058100-1375564775_thumb.jp

post-6386-0-76721600-1375564785_thumb.jp

post-6386-0-35971100-1375564807_thumb.jp

Excuse the wiring laying around everywhere, need to channel it around the wall with those little plastic holders that nail into the wall.

Edited by emma1979

Thanks still getting used to it :)

So easy to sweep with the Hairdressers broom and then a quick almost dry mop.

and I've noticed that with the carpet gone so has most of the "doggy smell"

Thanks still getting used to it :)

So easy to sweep with the Hairdressers broom and then a quick almost dry mop.

and I've noticed that with the carpet gone so has most of the "doggy smell"

yep, the smell was the reason I needed to replace it so badly.  Years of using it as a toilet took their toll and I've spent a fortune on cleaning products and air fresheners but nothing was working so I took drastic measures!  Finally back to normality, next move is to save up and replace the stair and landing carpets.  No smells there but it's in pieces from Bear ripping it up and tearing the carpet apart.  It's being held together by stitches atm, and they won't hold forever.  Just need to be sure she's definitely out of the habit before I invest in a new one.  She's been good all year so far but hubby's been around quite a bit (he lost his job earlier this year and only just started a new one) so time will tell if she's going to relapse or not.  Fingers crossed!

Good luck.

My guys are pretty good at doing their "bizzyness" outside.

The dogflap is a godsend.

Haven't had any "accident" since we put it in.

When we first moved here, Daughtry had a few, but that was S.A.

Being in a new house etc. . . . 

my stair carpets are ok 

Well just need a good hoovering . . . lol.

Yeah they're fine now, but of course when they were pups it was a different story.  Not so much Bear, but Ice had the runs for pretty much the first year of his life and accidents overnight were common place.  Not exactly the greatest thing to find when you get up for work in the morning!  lol.  He's still quite sensitive but I've found that chappie tins worked wonders in sorting out the majority of his tummy troubles.  Had previously been using wainwrights salmon and potato which helped to a point but nowhere near as good as the chappie.  Guess he just tolerated the blandness of the food better?  Goodness knows!

A dog flap isn't really an option as my kitchen door only leads out into the 'lean to' at the side of my house.  I'd need another one on the end where the actual back door is located.  A bit awkward and as I use the lean to as a dumping ground, I'm not sure I'd like to give him free access to it!  lol