Lazy Husky

mydiamond

I always want Diamond to be a little more active inside the house... He's very lazy! The only thing he does inside the house is sleep. I bought him toys to play with but he's just not interested :( He loves his Kong, but that's not really a toy that gets him active because he just sits there and licks the peanut butter clean. I know people says as long as he's not sick or lethargic then it's fine, but I just don't feel sleeping all day long is healthy. Dime gets walked twice a day and both are long walks (45-60 minutes). But with him being such a sturdy breed, I doubt those walks would knock him out so much. I mean, he literally sleeps ALL day long! There must be a game or a toy of some sort that can get him a little bit active? A rope toy maybe? But how do I teach him how to play tug-of-war? Oh gosh now I know the feelings of parents with teenage children that sit in front of their laptops all day long  :lol: it just doesn't look healthy... Any tips, guys? Thanks in advance xxx

I find rolo sleeps a lot, but when he wants to play he let's us know, a tug of war rope should get him to play more if he likes a ball or anything thrown do some throwing in the back garden :)

hi thanks for the advice. I'm planning to visit the pet store some time this week so will definitely get a rope toy just to see if Dime would play with it :) Dime doesn't really chase anything except it's his Kong.. but even with his Kong sometimes he runs right past it  :P a few meters later he'd stop and look around wondering where could the Kong be LOL

haha I tease rolo by making him think I've thrown his ball goes looking for agesss, also the farmers wheat fields here are getting longer so I just throw stones in there he just goes for a good run in there it tires him out :)

ooooooh that sounds like a plan :P now I wanna know if Dime will fall for that :P