Stones In His Poos!

Steve

One of my dogs was pooing small stones over the last few days. I thought it was Storm but couldn't be sure. But then yesterday, I found the source - Storm is eating wind-fall plums from the garden, complete with pip. He really seems to have a liking for them, they aren't affecting his constitution, and the pips are passing straight through, so I'm not going to stop him from supplementing his diet!

Like you said, if it's not affecting how. . erm. . . solid he is then fine. :)

Apple, Almond, Apricot, Peach, Cherry, Plum, Pear, Prunes & similar fruit:

• The seeds of these fruits contain cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs as well as humans causing diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, (Stem, Seeds and Leaves

How were dogs ever supposed to survive in the wild, without us humans to take care of them?

Storm hasn't shown such an interest in plums today, which is a good job as they are constantly falling. However, there was one by the car which I assume Storm had carried there and dropped. I was with the dogs when I saw it. Both Storm and Holly saw what I was looking at and dived in for it at the same time. The result was a fight, which is very unusual between the two of them. I could not believe - there had to be at least 15 lying under the tree. Dogs are so like children in many respects!!!

Storm did his business on getting to the seaside a few days ago, and I'm guessing there were around ten stones - he'd only been outside briefly before we set off! The stones are passing through whole and it would seem without any problem,

Since getting back, we have kept the ground clear of plums, but he's still finding them one way or another (the most rotten being his favourite). However, his appetite for plums may have reduced after competing with a wasp for one and getting stung right next to his eye. I have not seen him near the plum tree since, so fingers crossed.