Are Any Of Your Dogs Obsessive About Anything.???

Andy

on the second day of rehoming ice we took him to the pet shop and bought him a soft cuddly dog toy which me and the oh called bluey, ice loved him but being a puppy he tortured it, I had to perform major surgery many times, he now only has one leg, one arm, one ear and no tail, but ice carries him everywhere crying and whining as he goes, anyway trying to wash bluey was a task in itself so yesterday we went back to the same pet shop hoping to get another, I didn't hold my hopes up as it was eight months ago we got bluey no 1, when we got there they had just one left me like a big saft kid nearly crying because we got bluey no 2. great you might think but now we have double the whining and crying fron ice.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bear has a sock and glove fixation. Nightmare in winter as tries to pull them off your hands. We have a game in our house called "sock bum", where someone sneakily ties a sock on to the belt loop of somebody else's jeans and then calls bear to come.. Needless to say I'm usually the victim, bear grabs hold of the sock, tugs it and I end up flat on my bum.

Brooke has a squirrel fetish. Pretty standard really.

Ice is obsessed with food and anything that Bear has, that he hasn't. He's like a terrible toddler. Also goes loopy if Bear leaves for house without him. He goes absolutely nuts, whining, crying, howling, running around from door to door. He's fine if he's been out first and then she goes, but it's impossible the other way around. Temper tantrums aplenty!

Bear has a sock and glove fixation. Nightmare in winter as tries to pull them off your hands. We have a game in our house called "sock bum", where someone sneakily ties a sock on to the belt loop of somebody else's jeans and then calls bear to come.. Needless to say I'm usually the victim, bear grabs hold of the sock, tugs it and I end up flat on my bum.

Brooke has a squirrel fetish. Pretty standard really.

Ice is obsessed with food and anything that Bear has, that he hasn't. He's like a terrible toddler. Also goes loopy if Bear leaves for house without him. He goes absolutely nuts, whining, crying, howling, running around from door to door. He's fine if he's been out first and then she goes, but it's impossible the other way around. Temper tantrums aplenty!

Ha ha ha! Sock bum!

Loki has had lots of obsessions so far. First it was socks until she tried to eat one and nearly choked. She still pinches one if she sees any but I try to keep them away from her. Chewing every plant in the garden - we put little fences everywhere to stop her - so far so good. She is obsessed with 'Chicken' her toy flamingo which I got from a charity shop - its a babies toy with a rattle in the body and has a long neck and long legs - she just loves to kill it. When she was very little she took Chicken everywhere with her. I bought her a new squeaky toy at the weekend its a 'roadkill' toy - a furry unstuffed racoon with squeakers in its head and tail - she is really obsessed with that. Sticks is another one any size any shape she doesn't care - if it can fit in her mouth and be carried or dragged then she wants it - she tried to pinch a 5foot stick in the woods a couple of week ago. Her other obsessions are people, she loves everyone as long as they give her lots of attention and treats too and her best doggy friend - Teddy the Corgi who she plays with at the park most days.post-10729-0-92206800-1376957069.jpeg

Loki with a little stick and Chicken the flamingo

She's about 10 week old in this pic

Keira is obsessed with stuffed squeaky toys. She'll carry them around all day squeaking them, and once the squeaker breaks she'll still continue to carry the toy around for months. She also loves to play fetch with said toys once the squeakers break, lol. I was prepared for a dog that would look at me like I'm stupid when I tried to play fetch with her but she has really taken to it. :D

She's also food obsessed. If she hears a sound that she thinks is a food bag or wrapper opening she'll come running to check it out. 

I have never met a dog with more prey drive than my Malinois and she is obviously toy obsessed. She would work/play until she drops dead! She doesn't care what toy you give her, if she has none she will make a toy out of anything including planks of wood, mats and house bricks (!!!!) she takes extreme to a new level :)

Ice has to lay on people or my other fur babies When I have my tegu out. Both ice and Alaska have to get in his viv Last time they was both curled up in there. I think it's just to see if tiny had left any left over food. But the viv is so hot for them i dunno. I will have to get a pic next time they do this. Alaska really like ducks. She swam around the lake about 20 time in one run trying to eat one. Really thought I was going to have to go in after her. But she soon came to me when she decided she couldn't get one. My herbie like chasing shadows and eating lawn mower wheels. :@. She is a staffy tho lol

Kira is obsessed with any type of flying or buzzing insect she happens to come across.  I don't know how many bees she has snapped at over the Summer. 

One night on one of our walks, a lightning bug came to close and she chomped it down.

Another time, I picked up a cicada from the ground and it started buzzing like crazy.  Kira jumped up, took the cicada out from between my fingers, bite the insect, and then dropped it on the ground.  She stood there watching it for a few seconds to make sure it wasn't buzzing anymore.