Husky Neck Size

Chula

I'm so confused. Chula hasn't really grown much in about a month, but her neck keeps getting fatter?! She is essentially the same weight she was 6 weeks ago, but her neck has grown at least an inch, probably closer to two inches around. She isn't any taller either.

Is this a strange phenomenon? She's so skinny everywhere else, she's just got a big ole fatty fat neck. She's been rocking the same collar since the day she came home at 9 weeks, finally having to upgrade her to a larger one.

I can fit one finger in there, two sometimes, but only if I put the collar in the exact right spot. Sometimes it looks like it's choking her. :( She doesn't try to get it off or anything, but I don't like it, and really don't like how it looks when it's that tight! Poor little fat neck baby!

Edited by Chula

I bought this kind of collar from Indi-dog, and I LOVE them.  I bought the same one for all 3.  There are no buckles or clips, and you can adjust it.  http://indi-dog.co.uk/20mm-dog-collars?product_id=70

I went through alot of different collars for Nikko and was never happy with any of them, until I got these. 

The only thing you have to make sure, if you tie her out make sure the collar is secure.  If she is acting a fool it is possible, with enough determination to slip the collar.  But I have not had that problem

I bought a lupine collar off amazon because they say it has a lifetime warranty, even if chewed. And I have prime, so it is delivered free in two days. I hope she likes it. She has never complained about the collar she has (probably because she's had it since day 1), I hope she doesn't moan and try to eat a new one off.

I bought a lupine collar off amazon because they say it has a lifetime warranty, even if chewed. And I have prime, so it is delivered free in two days. I hope she likes it. She has never complained about the collar she has (probably because she's had it since day 1), I hope she doesn't moan and try to eat a new one off.

knox has a lupine. i used to have one for Luka but i switched to something else like Jason showed. his is just to hold his tags though so i just buy ones that look cool haha

Hmmm. The idea of no buckles is interesting. Except I do take her collar off kind of frequently because I like to let her itch/scratch properly. :)  When she's all neck itchy I feel like the collar confines her ability to get to the itchy spot, and I hate being itchy, so it makes me empathize with her and I take the collar off! Is it a pain to get it on and off?

I bought this kind of collar from Indi-dog, and I LOVE them.  I bought the same one for all 3.  There are no buckles or clips, and you can adjust it.  http://indi-dog.co.uk/20mm-dog-collars?product_id=70

I went through alot of different collars for Nikko and was never happy with any of them, until I got these. 

The only thing you have to make sure, if you tie her out make sure the collar is secure.  If she is acting a fool it is possible, with enough determination to slip the collar.  But I have not had that problem

Hmmm. The idea of no buckles is interesting. Except I do take her collar off kind of frequently because I like to let her itch/scratch properly. :)  When she's all neck itchy I feel like the collar confines her ability to get to the itchy spot, and I hate being itchy, so it makes me empathize with her and I take the collar off! Is it a pain to get it on and off?

mine is not necessarily a pain but i don't ever take it off because it isn't as easy as unclipping a regular collar. i have to adjust it wider then slip it over his head. i just move it up and scratch him underneath it.