Hello From The Welch's!

sarah1988beth

We are not new to the husky breed we took care of my dads husky for about 3-4 years we have however just acquired our own! We found him off Craigslist (don't judge please) but we were tired of running around shelters and finding sketchy breeders.

Duke formally known as wolf gang and Shelby (yes spelling is correct) is 3 years old and is going to the vet today to make sure he has his shots, receive a micro chip and to schedule a neuter appointment and hopefully he stops peeling on everything and acting all alpha over me!

post-10751-13757186450711_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;p

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else adopt an older husky and have problems with them peeing over everything? Will neutering help with his possessive behavior? Our last husky was fixed and he didn't pee over everything and he was just laid back.

The peeing on everything is just him marking his territory.

Once he's happy that the place belongs to him he should stop the marking.

Hi Sarah and Duke, welcome to husky owners. What a smiley boy he is

I've never had a problem with dogs marking but it does sound like he's claiming the place, I'm sure he will stop when he feels settled. There are several things you can purchase to get rid of the smell or you can use household old wives tales ingredients to remove it. I'm sure there is a thread or two on the forum but I can't search at the moment, unfortunately.

Please keep the photos coming

Welcome to the pack , neutering can help but it takes a couple of months or so for their hormones to settle down so it could take a while, it doesn't always make a difference tho but like has already been said hopefully once he's happy the house is officially his he should stop

He tested negative for heart worms so he is being fixed first thing tomorrow. His vet agrees that he could very well benefit from it. They will also put his chip in while he is under so he isn't stressed out about it. He officially has probably his first ever name tag and rabbis tag!

hello Sarah and Duke! LOL another Sarah! Looks like Sarahs will soon overtake the forum  :lol: neutering certainly would help with the "peeing over everything" but neutering alone won't make the behavior stop. You're gonna need to start from level zero and teach him everything about potty-training :) welcome to the world of husky owners. Enjoy your stay!

Duke is at the vet being fixed and getting his chip! Nervously waiting for the phone call saying everything was ok. He doesn't like to be told what to do and growled at his vet yesterday so fingers crossed! (He only growled because she did a feces test, then I spent half an hour in petsmart cleaning up after him peeing and pooping everywhere)

Posted Image

Previous owner said flies did this and vet agrees that's what it looks like she said the hair may never grow back and said I should always put sunscreen on his ears when going outside anyone have any idea which SPF? I will ask her when I go get him but would like to pick some up before then.

post-10751-1375799065039_thumb.jpg

This was the husky that lived with us his name is buck. Last I heard he was still doing ok but I don't speak to anyone that would know for sure. The pit was ours due to us moving we had to rehome him (dangerous breed, he is doing great and his new owner was one of my really good friends)

post-10751-13757992072111_thumb.jpg

This was the other dog we had, her name was zita and yes she was a Doberman. She was unfortunately hit by a car while I was at the er in NY :(