Mortgage Etc

Stormy

I have got myself a financial adviser :) Just been on the phone with him for a while talking about stuff and giving details etc etc..... anyway i asked him what my chances are of getting this and he said very good ... so he is putting through applications for mortgages etc and basically we will see who offers me what and then get a mortgage in principle .... which i then give to the housing association and it will then all proceed and i will be buying the house... I find out tomorrow if this is happening.... i am also looking at the house tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed!!!!

On another good note my manager spoke to the HR manager and said that he wants to get me signed off as i am not being paid for what i am doing... as when signed off my money goes up. He also said if needed he is happy to give written confirmation of what wage i will be getting once signed off etc.

Propertys like this at that low a share do not come up often so ive jumped at the chance... many thanks to my nan for finding it!!! or i never would have even thought of it!

Fingers and paws crossed! The mortgage process over here is a nightmare! I had to give them a ton of paperwork!

I just went through it in December 2011.  I had never had a mortgage either.  It helps that I work for a mortgage foreclosure attorney lol. 

I am not sure if the process is the same over there, but it took about 3 weeks between the time I put the offer in and when I closed and got the keys

3 weeks is even quick for here, but I don't know if the process is the same.  I was very quick with providing paperwork and the mortgage company was on the ball.  I had to provide like 5 years tax returns, and 3 months of bank/pay stubs and a bunch of other stuff.

Yep i need to provide 3 months of pay slips etc.... i get a pay rise in a few weeks though which is annoying but i have mentioned it to my financial advisor.... so perhaps that will get taken into account and my manager has said he will write a letter of confirmation for it also etc

I just went through it in December 2011.  I had never had a mortgage either.  It helps that I work for a mortgage foreclosure attorney lol. 

I am not sure if the process is the same over there, but it took about 3 weeks between the time I put the offer in and when I closed and got the keys

3 weeks is a dream scenario over here! It can take weeks more than that. Quicker if you are a first time buyer like Storm though :)

Same here, mine was not typical.  Most seem to be about 4-6 weeks depending on the mortgage company.  And if it is bank owned, forget it!  That can take MONTHS!

3 weeks is a dream scenario over here! It can take weeks more than that. Quicker if you are a first time buyer like Storm though :)

Over here you can end up being part of a house buying chain

You put your house up for sale.

Then start looking for where you want to move to.

Then When your house is sold you then have the money to buy somewhere else.

You put bids in for the place you want to buy When you buy somewhere those people then 

have the money to pay for somewhere else.

So the people who have bought yours are waiting for you to move out

You are waiting for the place you have bought to become vacant.

It's a chain, sometimes it can take months for the chain to move forward.

and. . . . . 

If any members of that chain back out, for whatever reason then the whole chain can collapse.

Here's a better idea,  win the euromillions,  build a huuggeee house with acres of space and husky proof fencing ( along with guard towers, floodlights and steak distractions )  right next to a certain persons puny little home, remember to plant giant mature trees along the property line, then fill them with birds to poop all over his garden.

Seriously, well done you, taking charge of it all

Here's a better idea,  win the euromillions,  build a huuggeee house with acres of space and husky proof fencing ( along with guard towers, floodlights and steak distractions )  right next to a certain persons puny little home, remember to plant giant mature trees along the property line, then fill them with birds to poop all over his garden.

Seriously, well done you, taking charge of it all

LMAO id love to hahahaa