Brave Little Soldier :-P

Val (Zebedee)

Well, I was brave beyond words today, I felt scared and sick and wanted to run, but I stuck it out and got through it.

What did I do, I hear you ask? ? I did the dinnertime run to McDonalds for the chicken salad bowls (yes, ironic, I know!) and the restaurant was full of balloons advertising the Smurfs!

Anyone who knows me will understand what a big deal this was as I'm terrified of them! lol Even at the show on Saturday, a toddler came over carrying a balloon - I freaked, froze then hid!

So when have you faced your phobia and come through?

Well done you, you faced your fear and kicked it's butt !

As for my fear, I used to be terrified of spiders, throw up screaming fit terrified,  when I had kids I decided I didn't want them to be scared so I hid it, a couple of years later Brett got his first tarantula,  at the end we had 32, yes 32,  and I could hold and handle most of them.

Used to have phobia of needles and bees.

Got stung by a bee twice (I stepped on it barefooted!) and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Now I can let a bee land on my hand, I'm not bothered much by them any more.

I used to to go crazy when I needed a vaccination. I still don't like needles but learnt how to ignore the feeling. Especially as I needed to give animals injections before  :rolleyes: