The View Outside Your Door

Andy

I don't understand, I can't get a street view of where I live < he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek! >

Is there an actual "Street" on which you live ??

For the google cars to take the view of ??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, of course there is!  But I don't think any self respecting "car" would drive down it, 4WD and trucks are the normal mode of transportation!

So google would need something like this to get your house on Streetview ??

post-1354-0-30799500-1375815068_thumb.jp

OK, mine is downright CREEPY! I searched and found my house and street, but also found MYSELF. Yep, you can see me getting out of the car... Sorry, they're blurry.

post-9409-0-84018700-1375821677_thumb.jp

Across from me isn't really exciting. Its just the neighbor's back yard. Looks like mine. Lol

post-9409-0-84193100-1375821788_thumb.jp

The pics are quite old. I haven't had that car in a good 3 or more years.

Let me give you a little tour around my home city  :)

Here's my street. Nothing interesting to be honest. It's green, nicely outside the busiest part of the city but not too far away from all the shops. My room is the one on the left with the two plants in the windowsill.

post-2355-0-47474400-1375831205_thumb.jp

Boring view as you can see but that doesn't mean the area it is boring. The city centre is the most interesting to watch imo. It's a no-car zone so sadly no good streetview photos of what it looks like.

post-2355-0-12928400-1375831213_thumb.jp

My previous neighbourhood. You US people are probably gonna scream at this, but these are the kind of houses we have. Who needs gardens and big cars anyway? Lol. This is an extremely old neighbourhood, built right outside the original city walls. People that worked in the city lived here, all packed together. The benefit was that they could profit from the city's protection.

post-2355-0-28828400-1375831209_thumb.jp

Now, right outside the city this is most of the view you get. This entire area used to be sea. We've built dikes and dunes around it and used windmills to pump the water out. Most of the city still lies below sea level.

post-2355-0-46214800-1375831215_thumb.jp

So sometimes you see things like this where houses are located below the water level  ;)

post-2355-0-01973000-1375831221_thumb.jp

These kind of windmills were used to pump and keep the water out. Nowadays they're all replaced by machines but most windmills are still here. This one, for example, is still used to make bread I believe.

post-2355-0-62142600-1375831223_thumb.jp

The pic of the row houses is what a lot of New England is like, especially Boston.  Very narrow streets and no grassy areas. I LOVE those kind of areas though!  Less land the better LOL.  I don't like yard work much lol

Let me give you a little tour around my home city  :)

Here's my street. Nothing interesting to be honest. It's green, nicely outside the busiest part of the city but not too far away from all the shops. My room is the one on the left with the two plants in the windowsill.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Boring view as you can see but that doesn't mean the area it is boring. The city centre is the most interesting to watch imo. It's a no-car zone so sadly no good streetview photos of what it looks like.

attachicon.gif3.jpg

My previous neighbourhood. You US people are probably gonna scream at this, but these are the kind of houses we have. Who needs gardens and big cars anyway? Lol. This is an extremely old neighbourhood, built right outside the original city walls. People that worked in the city lived here, all packed together. The benefit was that they could profit from the city's protection.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Now, right outside the city this is most of the view you get. This entire area used to be sea. We've built dikes and dunes around it and used windmills to pump the water out. Most of the city still lies below sea level.

attachicon.gif4.jpg

So sometimes you see things like this where houses are located below the water level  ;)

attachicon.gif6.jpg

These kind of windmills were used to pump and keep the water out. Nowadays they're all replaced by machines but most windmills are still here. This one, for example, is still used to make bread I believe.

attachicon.gif7.jpg

The pic of the row houses is what a lot of New England is like, especially Boston.  Very narrow streets and no grassy areas. I LOVE those kind of areas though!  Less land the better LOL.  I don't like yard work much lol

Well, this house in Amsterdam is the perfect match for you then, lol.

30926453_a4baa25558.jpg

my area is boring lol

this shows just how old this is -- we havent had that car for like 5 years or so now , the driveway is now fenced off n the dogs use it as their toilet and the trees have gone lol

post-95-0-20564800-1375975750_thumb.png

this is the front area , my house is the one on the left with the two little trees by the front door 

post-95-0-22487100-1375975756_thumb.png