Change Of Plan Again..

Frenchie

So, as many of you know I was meant to be going to my dads in the south of France, well due to several reasons that I won't go into that's not happening, or not yet anyway.

Problem is I don't have the time to wait several months as this house is getting sold, plus with no luck on the job front here the option is still to go to France. My sister sent me a job description in Paris (where she lives), same job I've done before with horses (stable work and care of the horses) only the wage is 4 times(!) what I used to get payed in the UK, she's also been looking at flats with garden and the rent is very reasonable, so I've applied for this job, just have to wait and see now.

Good thing is Mishka is already passported and ready to go so I don't have to worry too much about that (Apart from the cost of now getting the plane instead of the boat, and buying an air approved crate), ''bad'' thing is she'll probably have to stay with my uncle in Brittany (yes I have family all over France lmao) for a few weeks while we get a place organized. Even though she'll be fine there, and will even have a labrador to play with, the idea of leaving her for a few weeks is stressing me out already.

So overall the plan is, if I get the job, to go there for for around a year to save up (To pass my driving test and for the move back) and then secure myself a job in the UK to come back here.

Ergh why is my life so complicated?!

Sorry for the life story but I need to talk about it somewhere lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Things are a little bit all over the place right now aren't they?  Sounds like the Paris job is a good place to start and at least you get to take Mishka with you, albeit after a brief separation.  I've heard others on here talk about skyping their dog, is that a possibility for you?  Or emailing videos to and forth? 

If you can make 4x more in France for doing the same job as you can in the UK, then really it's a no brainer!  Good luck, hope things work out well for you both. xxx

Wow that's a tangled knot of a situation.

Hope it all comes together :)

Thank you guys! :) yepp, lets just say I havn't been getting much sleep lately. I just wish things could happen quickly and sort themselves out without something changing all the time, its driving me mad.

Or I could just win the lottery... And then everything would suddenly become much simpler on this front lol :P

I've heard others on here talk about skyping their dog, is that a possibility for you? Or emailing videos to and forth?

Unfortunately not, my uncle is a bit useless when it comes to the internet, don't think he even owns a computer :( I think I'll be on the phone a lot.. lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Do tell me how you cope being away from Mishka that long.. When I enter college (that's next year) I will have to leave Diamond in Indonesia for a year :( The thing is freshmen are required to live in the dorm and I've never heard of a dorm that is pet-friendly. However in year two I can move out, look for a pet-friendly apartment somewhere and bring Diamond over. Still, for the entire first year, I will be 20 hours of plane flight away from my baby :( 

Too bad, guess it's really annoying and disappointing when there's such a change in plans. Can't give any advice whatsoever, but I'm sure everything will be fine at the end and Mishka will love playing around with the lab, if you get her there, I doubt she'd notice that you've been away for a while.