9Month Fussy/none Eating

xsaraxhx

Hi I am new to this forum/site and after abit of advise reguarding our 9month old siberian husky (teeko) we have had him since he was 12weeks old, he was on dry kibble (wagg) when we got him till around 16weeks as he was showing no interest in eating it we then changed him to pro plan puppy (chicken and rice) till he was around 7months and the same again he was barley eating 1bowl a day and began to loose weight, he began to eat my partner and sons socks and sometimes knickers he would take them from the radiators/ariers, they would take around 2-3days to come out the rear end, I have spoken to many people who have give me silly answers and thought I was messing, I then spoke to a few husky owners who suggested raw feeding, he is currently eating lamb&tripe, minced chicken carcass, chunked hearts, veggies and fruit,l he seems to be taking alot more interest and seems to be enjoying them although i am new to the raw feeding so any advise/info would be great meal plans etc, but we still have our sock eating does anybody no any reason this could be??

Sorry to babble on a little just trying to give the full picture any more info you need ill happily giveyou just want my boy back to normal and my sock

Draw back to normal :)

Thanks

With regards to the sock eating, I think its just one of those things.

Only advice I can give is to try and keep them away from him as they can cause obstructions and thus resulting in an expensive surgery.

Both of mine will eat anything, Pens, Money, underwear, including socks, CD cases and the list goes on. It normally comes down to being bored and just wanting something to chew on, don't get me wrong, I have plenty of toys for the boys....but they always like to chew and eat things they aren't allowed.

My only advice, if not already done, is train him to leave, and drop it. Both of mine (unless its meat) have got this down to a T....they will pick something up like a bit of ball they have annihilated and if I say "Ah leave" they tend to spit it out, look at me say "what" and walk away.  

K&P I think have grown out of the stealing clothing from the radiators now, but anything left on the floor or laying around is fair game to them

hope this helps a bit

xx

Thanks for your reply, I understand what you mean he is fine when you are with him 8 times out of 10 the other 2he will sneak/wonder off to hunt for socks etc, its mainly if your upstairs out etc but I dont want to put him out side id rather him be inside he doesnt destroy when left alone, he has chew toys and bones I just put it down to a stage of him being a puppy still and he will outgrow it like you said we have been speaking with a trainer who says he may have extra energy which is making him hunt for them and maybe sessions of conkering his mental and physical energy may get it under control, we should get there in the end (y) x

Hey Sarah,  I can't help much with the sock thing, but a strong leave command would probably help, as for raw feeding, we've only been doing it for a few months so I don't think I should be giving anyone advice, but I noticed you didn't mention bones,  does your boy eat chicken wings etc ?  There's a few raw guides in food and diet that have been a godsend for me. And there's loads of members who have been there and done that and worn the T-shirt, I'm sure someone will reply who can actually give you some advice, good luck

Hi sarah yes sorry he does have chicken wings/drums and also what ever out local butcher has he has I thought I put that in my post (my mistake) I wrote out 1ce and phone decided to clear all my text :/ so had to start from scratch.. yes I have just been reading those they seem alot clearer than what I have been reading from xx

LOL been there, I use a kindle it takes forever to type out stuff. When it comes to raw feeding Sid wolf is a GODESS, and I will be honest, if I hadn't found HOs, my boy would still be eating crap so yay ! If he's eating all sorts and he's happy with his diet, it could be boredom, have you tried changing your washing powder, maybe he literally likes the taste ?