'hi, Just Calling On Your Home Today To Tell You You're Wrong.'

Danny_Caity

You all must have some idea what I'm talking about. I just saw the typical brochure that made my blood boil.

Jehovah's Witnesses.

Please do not misconstrue this as me being anti-faith, far from it, I have Muslim friends, Catholic friends, and had a Jehovah's witness friend as a nipper. I was baptised upon my own request when I was 9, and when I decided that was no longer what I believed, upon much research I became a Buddhist, so I honestly do believe that faith is important.

What I don't believe is important is 'spreading God's message' through harassment and pressure.

If they want to spread their belief, which as I understand is a staple of the faith, then they should do it in an open medium, where you can choose to listen, not bombard your homes, or even (this genuinely happened to me) chasing people down the streets!

Sorry for the rather controversial rant, I just can't be arsed with people throwing their beliefs down my throat. I chose my own, I don't need theirs.

- Caity

No issues from me. You're entitled to your opinion. :)

I'm Christian, but I DO NOT believe it right to force any religion whether it be by stalking your doorstep, or chasing you down the street, or running after you as you leave your house. I've experienced them all... I now answer my door with my girls, lol.

No issues from me. You're entitled to your opinion. :)

I'm Christian, but I DO NOT believe it right to force any religion whether it be by stalking your doorstep, or chasing you down the street, or running after you as you leave your house. I've experienced them all... I now answer my door with my girls, lol.

It was before we got the pups that I got chased, but I lived at my parents at the time, with their 52kg GSD... That was fun the next time they called round :P

Everyone has the right to their own beliefs, no one has the right to say "your faith is wrong "  and yet they do.  As a child I was a Christian, Sunday school, girls club at church, my grandmas been a deacon/elder since before I was born.  And none of that stopped me from following my own path,  ( no I haven't told my grandma,  she's 93 if she realised I now pray to a woman I think she'd have a heart attack !) 

Public areas are all very well but even there care should be taken, a couple of months ago there were stalls set up outside my local shopping centre and a big group of followers of Islam were shouting that theirs was the only holy book that counted,  that anyone else was a none believer and would burn in hellfire for eternity, they were calling for sharia law in England.  They were really getting in people's faces and made a kid cry, that's not spreading the word of God, that's trying to force it down other people's throughts.

Everyone has the right to their own beliefs, no one has the right to say "your faith is wrong "  and yet they do.  As a child I was a Christian, Sunday school, girls club at church, my grandmas been a deacon/elder since before I was born.  And none of that stopped me from following my own path,  ( no I haven't told my grandma,  she's 93 if she realised I now pray to a woman I think she'd have a heart attack !) 

Public areas are all very well but even there care should be taken, a couple of months ago there were stalls set up outside my local shopping centre and a big group of followers of Islam were shouting that theirs was the only holy book that counted,  that anyone else was a none believer and would burn in hellfire for eternity, they were calling for sharia law in England.  They were really getting in people's faces and made a kid cry, that's not spreading the word of God, that's trying to force it down other people's throughts.

Thats horrible, its actually so upsetting and embarrassing that people of my religion feel this is the way to spread religion, i agree with teaching others about your religion but only to those who want to know and this should be done in a peaceful calm way, Im grateful to have my religion but other people need to understand that some people have their faiths (or dont believe in religion at all ) and this needs to be respected!

Thats horrible, its actually so upsetting and embarrassing that people of my religion feel this is the way to spread religion, i agree with teaching others about your religion but only to those who want to know and this should be done in a peaceful calm way, Im grateful to have my religion but other people need to understand that some people have their faiths (or dont believe in religion at all ) and this needs to be respected!

Don't worry about it, there are buttheads in every religion !  Like I said my nan's a committed Christian and if you heard how her and her cronies talk..... it's more like Hubble, bubble toil and trouble ! 

I'm glad I'm not the only one on this!

I'm more than happy to listen to what someone has to say, if they're polite about it! Make me WANT to listen, don't talk at me about it, it's disrespectful more than anything!

- Caity

Best thing I ever heard a religious person say.....

Preach TO, never AT,

That was said by a wiccan after a river of souls celebration last samhain. 

I found a jahovas leaflet on my porch floor earlier this week. Funnily enough they didn't knock, can't think why! Lol. They went through a brief spell of knocking when my youngest was born. I was pretty sick at the time, clutching a bucket and looking like death warmed up, they still kept trying to invite themselves in on a near daily basis. Gave up on my soul after a week of me still being visibly ill. Think they were afraid I'd give them my sickness, lol.