Disgusting New Habit

Chula

:rofl:  :rofl: because she is special! 

I don't know if this will help but if I were you I'd get up and let her out at the first phase of her 'ritual' which happens to be jumping onto your lap. Hopefully that'll teach her that you're a very trainable human and you don't need five phases to get up and open the door :) that way she'd stop her ritual at phase one.

Balto won't scratch the door either which is annoying as he sometimes doesn't tell you he has to go and then tries to find a place to go in the house OR he sits there and shrieks his head off both annoying  but I would choose the second but that doesn't always happen. We even bought a doggy door bell and he NEVER uses it no matter how hard we try to get him to.

Oh my!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Each of my three have different ways of telling me:

Nikko will paw at the patio door when he wants out. If I ignore him, he will walk over to me, get my attention and go back to the door.  If I don't respond he will give two paws at the door.  And he repeats this until I finally get up lol.  If he gets desperate he will bark.

Yukon will circle the dining room table first, then jump up on the door.  If he REALLY has to go he will keep jumping on the door

Kodiak will just stand or sit by the door and wait.  No bark, no scratching, nothing! 

In our townhouse, she would run to the door and sit there, sometimes put a paw on it. But our front door was open to the living room, so if you were watching TV, you could see her. Her potty door is now the back door, and if she sits there I can't see her. I've thought about trying a bell, but I think she'd just eat it.

She just did it again. :( She doesn't give me time to get up between the pouncing and the gas attack. I don't think she is anticipating her poos correctly! She was just outside 30 minutes ago! I think she's waiting until it's a Code Brown emergency.

Kodiak was like that last week.  He had HORRIBLE gas for like 2 days.  I knew that one of them had eaten an entire green pepper, and I narrowed it down to the one with the horrid gas! It smelled worse than a sewer  :(