Best Husky Food To Buy?

MeekoHusky

We have hashed this question around a lot on here.

The answer is. . . .

Best you can afford. . . . That your dog will eat.

Sometimes the only stuff that keeps your dog healthy and solid is the most expensive.

However

Sometimes it's stuff that you would normally turn your nose up at is the stuff that the dog enjoys and is solid on and the expensive stuff just doesn't work.

In the end its trial and error with your dog to find out what works.

I have a medium priced kibble that all 3 like, mixed with boiled rice and tinned meat.

2 or 3 times per week they get RAW chicken wings.

Diamond's on Taste Of The Wild. It's grain-free and rated five star everywhere :) diamond has been on Eukanuba and Blackwood as well in the past but he likes TOTW the most. He's a total fussy eater. Always gets bored of his food one week after purchase. With TOTW however he still gets excited for it and it's been over a month :)

All mine are on Taste of the Wild.  It took awhile at first to find the right food with Nikko.  I had him on Wellness puppy food and he always had runny poo.  When I switched him to TOTW it improved very quickly!  Once I got Yukon I put him right on TOTW, same with Kodiak. 

Andy's right though, it may take some trial and error to see what they do best on.  I know some people on here that tried TOTW and their dogs didn't do that well on it. 

I think I am going to go with the TOTW puppy food and mix in some raw meat once or twice a week. Thanks for the ideas and help!

Don't mix kibble with raw meat. The two digest at different rates and can cause tummy upset and digestive problems if fed together. Best to separate kibble feeding and raw feeding by several hours.

Prey model raw.

MeekoHusky, the most important part of a good prey model raw is a variety of red meats.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rawfeedingcarnivores/files/

The goal is rather than balance in a bowl (which no kibble really is) we go for balance over time. You adjust to what is needed. Chicken can be used since it's pretty cheap. But the red meats should be the staple.