Walking

thehairdresser

Hi guys,

Khaleesi is now 16 weeks old (and enormous!) And my question is how long should she be walked for? I've heard its 5 mins for every month but if I only took her out for 20mins a day I think she'd be unbearable. I probably take her for 20 mins 3 times a day or longer less times, but she's never shattered when we get home, just a bit tired.

We will walk into town sometimes which is about 5 mins walk but we might be out for an hour or so but not really walking that whole time, most of it is spent stopping so people can fuss her and give me advice! Haha

Cheers x

I did the 5 mins per month rule for each walk and did about 2 , 3 walks a day n mine are fine ,at one point (once they were abit older - but before he was a year old) they were getting 6 walks a day , if u do some training aswell to mentally tire her out and u can play with her in your house garden too to help tire her out also

Mine at 5 moths old is getting about a 30/40 minute walk in the morning and probably a bit longer in the evening.

She's been fine. I don't think walking has too much of a detrimental effect on their joints. I would limit how much running the pup does and avoid going up and down steps.

Thank you guys, we were thinking of spending an afternoon walking down the canal, stopping at the pubs along the way, think we could shorten the route a bit and have longer stops and she'll be fine.

Yeah we play fetch for hours on end and do bits of training, but maybe make her do a couple of commands at a time or she gets bored.

I thought she was asleep by my feet until I just heard her barking, she's destroyed my electric toothbrush, the little sod!x