Animal Insurance

Kauro

I've been going to the beach dog park by my house 3-4 times a week to give kauro a good workout. But doing this I know I'm adding the chance he might get hurt . Bully dogs or these snapping turtles. I know if anything happen to kauro I would be hurt for money since living check to check. So what insurance do you use? Or do u not use any at all.. I just started looking tonight so.. Just looking at some options.

I use VPI insurance for my 3 dogs, and it is pretty cheap.  I think I pay a total of about $35 per month for all 3 and it has a $500 annual deductible.  I only have it in case anything major happens. 

I did get the wellness plan for Yukon when he was a puppy, and I must say I was glad I did!  They paid out a total of like $300 for the inital shots and neuter, and it only took about 2-3 weeks for them to reimburse me.  And it is easy to file a claim, you just fill out a form, attach the vet receipt and e-mail or fax it to them, and you can track the progress online. 

Have a look on the comparison sites for prices but make sure that it has life time cover so that it covers you every year in case of long term illnesses like arthritis n diabetes etc. My mum's rescue dog was on solid food (and wrong food) from far too young n she has really bad allergies. She's insured so she get all the medication she needs, which at one point was £1000 a month! Her friend has the brother who has the same problems and isn't insured so doesnt get the care he needs :( x

there is a new one being advertised purely for huskies - seen it once or twice on social networking sites. Not gone in to why it is purely for sibes and a general dog one wouldn't do (probably a neat marketing campaign to bump the cost up!)

EDIT: this is the one: https://boughtbymany.com/offers/siberian-husky-insurance/

Edited by Val (Zebedee)
found website