Hello From Zeus

zeus4747

Only you can really determine that. What is he on now? I really love to use TOTW (Taste of the Wild) but that is not for every dog, although it works for mine there are some dogs whose stomachs are too sensitive for even that. There are Fromms, California Natural, etc. you just have to see what you sounds best to you and see what works for your dog as well. Make sure you do not make an abrupt switch but go gradually mixing in the food until you have switched completely over to the new food in 7-10 days. I along with many others love to use TOTW so that may be a good place to start and see how well he does on it. My dog loves TOTW and is the only thing he will eat, so maybe try that.

we used purina puppy chow thats what the vet had him on, then the vet reccommended diamond but he actually was eating it but looked like he thinned out too much, then we went back to purina and now he HATES it!! I mean ill fill his bowl up and he'll literally not even want to look at me lol hes quiet the drama queen.  I ve read people feed there dogs raw meat every once in awhile is that good for the dog? Also its very very hot here in nc so we take him outside for a little amount of time but a couple times a day, ive been giving him a little gatorade in his water for some electrolytes is that healthy?

Can't help you with the Gatorade I'm afraid, I don't think you can even get it in the UK,  as for the raw meat, my 10 month old has been on a completely raw diet for a few months now and never been better, his stomach has settled, his coat is softer and best of all he's calmed right down, within a week of switching over he's stopped jumping so much, his whole temperament improved. It is heaven,  we've now got a 10 week old as well and just taken her onto raw, two days and upset tummy gone !.   

If you want to know more there are some really good threads in the food and diet sub-forum, if you want to give raw meat as a treat make sure you feed it completely separate from kibble, they digest them at different speeds and it can lead to problems, there are plenty on here who can give more advice and come from years of raw feeding experience, I'm sure someone will post soon