Thank You Cuddle

My Zara is an independent pup and doesn't often look for affection. Since we've started dog obedience I've really noticed a change in our bond.

Yesterday I left a new toy on her mat for when she came inside. She was so excited (every section of it squeaks and she LOOOOOVES squeaks). She gently climbed up on the couch with me - something we don't usually let her do- and curled up next to me with her new toy. Very different to her usual bouncy behaviour when she is allowed somewhere new inside. Almost like she was trying to say thanks. I know us human often interpret dog behaviour in the way that we want but yesterday just felt like something special.

Gosh I love my pup!

post-10233-0-05144500-1376088832_thumb.j

Thanks :) I tried to explain it to the OH but he doesn't really understand. She's started doing little things like laying under my chair when I'm sitting outside, and rolling onto her back for belly scratches around me. It's nice to have a few special things she does just when we're on our own and not around anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...