Terraced House

Stormy

I have neighbours one side and underneath, I've asked both if the dogs are a problem, noise wise, next Dorr reckon they don't hear then, even when Freyja tips !, and the girl underneath says the only time she hears anything is in the middle of the night when one of them wanders down to the front door and that's only if she's awake anyway.  I have a carpet in the front room with a thick rug so I guess that muffles it a bit. 

Semi-detached.

I can hear the staffie next door barking all day.

My guys only get noisy when I come home.

And that's mostly Daughtry doing her "Death scream" of I'm happy you're home

Terraced house too and all has been ok

It's an old school terrace though built out of stone and stuff rather than the modern brick ones so they are über thick

I can hear next doors kids running around sometimes, think they have put on weight ha but no issues re dogs and the houses both sides have them

my next door neighbours are my inlaws. they have said especially aurora makes a fuss when I leave the house but their dog george makes noise all day when people walk past their house! and the house opposite mine their dogs and kids are just as bad. so its pretty noisy here lol

I think a terraced house is similar to a townhouse in the US. I lived in a townhouse for about 7 years before moving to a detached house. It has some benefits - lower energy costs and a feeling of safety were the biggest pluses for me.

But whether you will have issues completely depends on your neighbors. I had both great and awful neighbors. Our only neighbor when we first got Chula was an older gentleman and I always felt bad when she made noise. Hopefully they've properly sound proofed the walls.

But as a woman, wheever I was home alone at night, I always felt better knowing someone would hear me scream. :)

I live in the same kind of house, and I rarely hear noises from the neighbors.  Only if they are pounding on the walls hanging stuff do I hear them.  I don't hear voices or their dogs barking.  The only time I hear that is if the windows are open. 

There used to be a teenage kid next door that would run up and down the stairs.  Their stairs were right next to mine and would hear it.