When Did People Stop Approaching Your Dog?

Chula

I've noticed that now that Chula is bigger, people will stop and ask about her but not approach her. I think it stopped around 6 months. At the dog park people still pet her, but in the street I think people are scared of her. And I giggle because she's the biggest people lover ever. She is dying to meet people and they don't want to get close. Poor doggie!

I'm not sure tbh , I still get approached a lot but with them now being bigger I've noticed a lot of people will now ask to stroke them , think it helps when u have more than one because it looks even scarier with 2 big dogs lol ,I'm glad tho I like to just walk on a walk n nothing else lol

When they learned that if you want to pet a husky you're gonna get a lot of wet kisses and will leave with hair on your clothes :rofl:

Now we still get approached by the people that don't mind that, or the others that learned to watch out for kisses :D

I don't get approached that often but people do stop me and ask questions. Some would even go as far as reversing their car  :lol: EDIT: has been happening since Dime first arrived. He's four now and the entire neighborhood already know him but people just can never get bored of him! 

Storm's two years old, and I'm still approached all the time. Storm and Holly both love the attention, though Holly quite often gets overlooked!

aww poor Holly , Bings is overlooked too , alot of the time if people ask me to stroke them i say yes but u have to stroke him aswell 

We did get stopped on our morning walk but the guy asked if she was friendly before crossing the street. I'm glad he asked before approaching and glad he petted her because she was so happy with her little ears back and tail wagging. He had a nice older lab and Chula loved that dog!

It depends on the person, it seems that little kids just come running up to Balto to get petted which isn't the smartest since the excites Balto and then he jumps on the kid. As for older people it depends, we sometimes are asked if he is a wolf and those people usually stay as far back as possible from him and then there are others that approach and ask about him or approach and ask if they can pet him (which will be a yes or a no depending on if Balto can sit and not get up until after the person is done petting him)

I get more people trying to go the opposite way than approach. Must be the dark eye circles. People often slow down and see where i might go before they walk past me, so now i just sit panda on the side and let ppl walk by. I still get some people who would pet him and aren't afraid but those are rare lol. 1/10 people lol

People always approach Zoey. More kids than adults.

Adults just ask about her and if she's a purebred, then they'll pet her. It seems like if I told them she wasn't a purebred then they wouldn't want to touch her. Like you have to have a purebred here. -_____-

aww both of our babies are Zoey!! 

I had someone ask me if they could stroke the dog so I asked which one n they said the husky, I knew straight away they meant blaze ,, poor skyla :-( lol

whaaat that's so unfair poor skyla! I saw someone walking a fluffy white husky one day and I pointed out the window screaming "IT'S A HUSKY!" and my mom pulled over to talk to the owner LOL I'm not picky about coat colors but white huskies are just a pleasant sight to see. Plus they're somewhat rare.