Switching From Puppy To Adult Food

Chula

At what age did you make the switch? I think Chula is mostly done growing "up". I'm wondering if is time to switch to an adult food. She's obviously not overweight, and the extra calories in puppy food aren't showing on her frame so I don't think it would hurt her to stay on puppy food at this point. I have switched from Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Wellness Core puppy and I think it is helping somewhat with her itchiness. 

Edited by Chula

I did it at dfferent ages with Nikko and Yukon because of how I was switching food.  I wanted to eliminate having to keep 2 different types of food on hand.  In each situation they made the transition smoothly!

Nikko was on Wellness puppy food until he was 1 year.  Then I switched him to Taste of the Wild adult.

Yukon was on Taste of the Wild puppy formula until he was about 5 months old, then I switched him to the adult formula.  However, I was told that with TOTW it doesn't matter. In fact, the "puppy" formula has only been around about a year, and most the difference is the size.

I can't remember when we switched Daughtry.

But she wouldn't have been more than a year old.

I do feed high prairie, but the other formulas have less calcium.  High Prairie and Wetlands is 2.1%, Pacific stream, Southwest Canyon is 1.9% and Sierra Mountain is 1.6%. 

Which ToTW do you feed? I've considered switching since it's cheaper, and the place that sells it it must closer to my house than having to drive to petsmart. I am worried the high prairie is too high in calcium.