Tablets From Vets

sean276

Ok so my husky kept licking his paws and nibbling at his back legs so i took him to the vet as it got very annoying, they gave me 20 5mg tabs off prednicare and as soon as he got them he stoped licking now there finished hes back at it, is there anthing i can buy over the counter that will do the same job but not be as harsh or dear.

Thanks sean

Prednicare is a steroid so I don't think you could buy it over the counter,  but you could get it cheaper online, we used to.  My old dog was on pills for a long time so instead of paying a fortune at the vets I got a prescription and ordered it online, it was less than half the price for the same thing, take a look at some places online I think we used vetUK but it was a while ago lol.

I've never tried it but I have heard sulphur tablets are good for itchy lickers. Google will know more than me !

Sean, this is one of those questions where it really help to have some idea of where you are (though prednicare seems to be unavailable in the US) 

Take a look at http://www.vet-medic.com where the 1mg caps are available for £0.03 each and the 5mg caps are £0.05 which doesn't seem especially dear to me.  Of course, you or your vet is going to have to send them a copy of the script, but it can be sent via mail / fax / email so that shouldn't be too difficult.  They'll send out you meds as soon as they receive a script (they say).

• 3 weeks later...