How Much

Dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get asked that too, and feel the same way, especially if its someone that seems interesting in getting one. I will ways tell them more and include the money per year. I spoil mine but i spend way more than the average!! O course my family and non dog loving friends think I'm nuts and I'd never tell them what I really spend

I hate it when my clients ask me as sometimes they do it with that "I must be paying you too much" face. But we saved up and didn't get her until we could afford to buy her and her bed, toys, vaccinations and medications etc, insurance and healthcare plan, puppy classes and everything else we needed. My mum was very good and gave us masses of stuff from her dogs, like the crate and baby gates which was brilliant.

I get really chavvy lads going "you'll make some money out of her" and I'm thinking "I'm getting her spayed asap as I read a post on here about having pups and realised I couldn't risk losing her.

My favourite though was I went to Wellesbourne Market and this gypsy bloke kept trying to buy her from me. Like giving me more than I paid for her would make me sell her! x

off topic lol - I've not been wellesbourne market in years! Used to love going up there lol

I'm occasionally asked how much  paid for Elka. My worry with some people they are sizing her up for resale. The other thing I'm told which irritate's is that she is going to be big. As if i didn't know and as if it is going to some how be a surprise to me  :rolleyes:

I'm occasionally asked how much  paid for Elka. My worry with some people they are sizing her up for resale. The other thing I'm told which irritate's is that she is going to be big. As if i didn't know as it is going to some how be a surprise to me  :rolleyes:

haha, I always just say that I hope she's huge...why would we have huskies if we were worried about how big they would be?!

off topic lol - I've not been wellesbourne market in years! Used to love going up there lol

Aw it's great, I love Wellesbourne. Got a lovely "genuine" Mulberry bag and purse for a tenner each!x

Were often asked by complete strangers how much Loki cost, we even got asked a few times if we wanted to sell her - no chance. We are always getting asked if were gonna breed her. No chance of that happening my place just isn't big enough and Ian would find it hard to give them up so we would end up with a house full.