Kimba and Kaiser got attacked!!

Sarah

I came home from work tonight and as usual, harnessed up my boys for a walk.

We went the normal way and as we were nearing home, i spotted 3 guys walking down the road on the oposite side. Kimba spotted their dog, a border collie and went into stealth mode. I walk them on retractable leads and imediately brought them right into me and locked the leads so they couldn't fly off (standard practise now so i don't get dragged as far lol)

Anyway, out of no where this dog FLEW across the road straight at my 2 boys and all hell broke loose!! Kaiser's heckles came right up and the collie went for Kimba, who of course gave one right back at him.......I dragged my boys backwards and tried to turn my back on the dog but having one dog in each hand found this impossible.

The 3 men on the other side of the road were calling the dog but it took no notice whatsoever angry.gif When I saw the collie step back for a second you could see in it's body language that it was going to strike again so i raised my right leg and stuck it out knowing it was going to get a face full of walking boot mellow.gif It bit down on my boot instead of Kimba (didn't bite through luckily) and I pushed it back with my foot whilst literally screaming at these guys - I shouted to them "If you don't get your F*****G dog away from mine then they WILL rip it to pieces" Needless to say they got the dog in seconds angry.gifangry.gif

Did I get an appology ? NO Did they ask if me and my boys were alright...NO Pissed off is an understatement. I power walked all the way home shaking and scared stiff that we were going to meet another dog.

Luckily, we didn't and I got back home in floods of tears, really shaken up by the whole ordeal :(

My foot and boys are all ok thank goodness - i've never seen this dog before and hope to hell I never see it again

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think their so cleaver look we got a hard dog lol i don't hold Odin bk any more, if they wanna be stupied they can pay the price for not using a lead and as you have seen Odin can be a nasty b*****d pluss he's to big for me to hold back now, and as long as i know he wont attack any thing unless it attacks him and he's on his lead xxxx

Sorry to hear this Sarah, these kind of things can be very upsetting. I bet you thought of loads of really clever things to say to them on the way home though didn't ya?biggrin.gif

Glad you're all okay, and that you had the walking boots on, sounds like he would have bitten right through if you'd been wearing trainers or normal shoes. Unfortunately there are a lot of very irresponsible dog owners out there. Their dog is very lucky there wasn't a car coming, it could have been a tragedy.

Hopefully you won't ever meet them again, because I can almost guarantee their dog still won't be on a lead!

Oh some people can be rather irresponsible when it comes to their dogs. Glad you and the boys are OK. Don't know what I would have done in that situation, but I would imagine all my years of Sunday School classes would have been for nought.

I had happen to me Sarah,

I was walking my 2 and a pit bull come ranning toward us and my two where getting upset and trying to tell the pit bull to go away and the pit bull was just trying to start a fight and finally the only got the pit bull but at least they said sorry. It did scared the shit of me when I saw that bit bull ranning towards.

Im sorry to hear what happened sarah, im glad you are all ok though, that i must say is my worse nighmare my dogs getting attacked, and its so annoying that people have their dogs off lead knowing they are not good with other dogs, some people really have no common sense about them.. Im glad you are all ok though..x

aw, Sarah, I'm glad you & the boys came away unhurt if rather shook up, it's a horrible situation & unfortunately, it doesn't seem to stop the ar$e$ from walking their dogs off lead again & causing the same problem. It is a good job you had sturdy boots on, doesn't bear thinking about if you only had trainers on.

What makes it worse is that the dog was off lead next to a road! And it's not a very quiet road either!

Glad your OK, you have to wonder about some people, off the lead on a main road, not only could the dog get killed, but it could have made someone driving to swerve and maybe kill people,, what T**s..

Max is a bit dopey with other dogs, and even though a couple have had a go at him he just shrugs it off, this from my understanding is part of the bread, and is a good thing, that said, if a husky decides it is going to have a go back, I'm sure the wolf in them is going not go well for the other dog.

Not that I advocate, hitting dogs, but sometimes you have no choice but to protect yourself.

When I have had aggressive dogs come running up to widge (she is a very submissive dog) in the past I will put myself between her and them, if they don't get it, then as you did , a leg/foot out to stop them, if they still don't take the hint, then a swift kick will normally ensure that they get the my point, part of it is all about the way you present yourself to them, some dogs take a bit to take the hint, such as saffs, but we are far better armed than them when it comes to it.

As for the owners, they have a duty to keep a dog under control in a public place, you have bad owners not bad Dogs, if they argue the point a a mobile phone produced with "shall I call the police then" often tells them you mean business.

FYI

Dangerous Dogs Act 1991

Section 3 States

Keeping dogs under proper control

(1)If a dog is dangerously out of control in a public placeâ€â€

(a)the owner; and

(b)if different, the person for the time being in charge of the dog,

is guilty of an offence, or, if the dog while so out of control injures any person, an aggravated offence, under this subsection.

(2)In proceedings for an offence under subsection (1) above against a person who is the owner of a dog but was not at the material time in charge of it, it shall be a defence for the accused to prove that the dog was at the material time in the charge of a person whom he reasonably believed to be a fit and proper person to be in charge of it.

(3)If the owner or, if different, the person for the time being in charge of a dog allows it to enter a place which is not a public place but where it is not permitted to be and while it is thereâ€â€

(a)it injures any person; or

(b)there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will do so,

he is guilty of an offence, or, if the dog injures any person, an aggravated offence, under this subsection.

(4)A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) or (3) above other than an aggravated offence is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both; and a person guilty of an aggravated offence under either of those subsections is liableâ€â€

(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;

(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine or both.

(5)It is hereby declared for the avoidance of doubt that an order under section 2 of the [1871 c. 56.] Dogs Act 1871 (order on complaint that dog is dangerous and not kept under proper control)â€â€

(a)may be made whether or not the dog is shown to have injured any person; and

(b)may specify the measures to be taken for keeping the dog under proper control, whether by muzzling, keeping on a lead, excluding it from specified places or otherwise.

(6)If it appears to a court on a complaint under section 2 of the said Act of 1871 that the dog to which the complaint relates is a male and would be less dangerous if neutered the court may under that section make an order requiring it to be neutered.

(7)The reference in section 1(3) of the [1989 c. 30.] Dangerous Dogs Act 1989 (penalties) to failing to comply with an order under section 2 of the said Act of 1871 to keep a dog under proper control shall include a reference to failing to comply with any other order made under that section; but no order shall be made under that section by virtue of subsection (6) above where the matters complained of arose before the coming into force of that subsection

Glad you and the boys r OK Sarah! Thats why I wear my steel toe capped wellies when I walk! Their practicle for muddy places and if a nasty dog doesnt get the body langage message of me getting in it face then it gets a face full of boot! Some people are just a danger to themselves and others around them when they let their dogs off like that! angry.gif

You can just never tell with some dogs, especially fighting dogs. I had a two year old boxer rescue dog for a while, and she was a great dog, well behaved and calm. All of a sudden one night, she decided to attack our puppy. There was no provocation and no apparent reason, but it took five marines to pry her off. I loved that dog, but it took everything in me not to take her out back and shoot her. We got rid of her the next day. I never want another fighting breed again, not only because I dont trust them but because I know other people dont. The same goes with my husky- I trust her behavior on and off the leash but I never know what other people or thier dogs will do, which is why Im so careful letting her off the leash. I take all responsibility for what may happen. You should have let your dogs lay into this collie, maybe everyone would have learned a lesson. I think you did the right thing though, its always better to avoid the drama.

Guest snowdog

i think they deffo have instincts its what makes each breed different, and some may have fighting instincts in them , but i think its all to do with how their raised and any dog brought up from day 1 correctly should not react in that way i.m.o x

yeah i no what u mean snowdog if a dogs bin brought up that way then theres the chance it can b like that i just dont like dogs being labled it cuz ppl just assume thats how they are cuz ov their breed but like i sed dont wanna start an argument so im gonna shut up now lol