Everyone's An Expert.

love4Luna

I showed my picture of Luna's destruction on Facebook yesterday, and an old high school friend commented on it. He pretty much was telling me how to properly take care of a Siberian husky, their personality, and temperaments. (He doesn't even have a dog, let alone a husky)

I was trying to be polite, but all I wanted to say is...

"Well thank you for taking an interest on how I raise my husky, I see you did a lot of research on the breed. And by research, I mean Googling the breed, and copying and pasting the breed info right onto my page... Moron."

In truth that photo could have been caused by almost ANY breed of dog.

Hell, you could have said you'd been broken into and this was the damage.

Some people (I call them the Great Unwashed) think they know everything about everything.

In truth . . . they're dumb as a bucket of spanners. :)

The best part was when he went off about the need for mental stimulation and physical exercise. It was totally a copy and paste from a breed info search. Then saying that they need to be let loose out in the open once a day so they can run free. Yeah, if I did that, I'd never see Luna ever again!

Then he felt to add a story about when he was a KID, gramps brought home a husky wolf mix that they never leashed. It roamed the woods to hunt and would always come back. To me that's super dangerous, not only for the dog but for neighbors and their animals!! Lack of responsibility and respect towards others.

But I don't like drama, so I kept my mouth shut. Pretty much just smile and nod...

The best part was when he went off about the need for mental stimulation and physical exercise. It was totally a copy and paste from a breed info search. Then saying that they need to be let loose out in the open once a day so they can run free. Yeah, if I did that, I'd never see Luna ever again!

Then he felt to add a story about when he was a KID, gramps brought home a husky wolf mix that they never leashed. It roamed the woods to hunt and would always come back. To me that's super dangerous, not only for the dog but for neighbors and their animals!! Lack of responsibility and respect towards others.

But I don't like drama, so I kept my mouth shut. Pretty much just smile and nod...

Quite honestly the one person who did that on my facebook got removed. I shared a picture of Yuki on my bed and she was 'you know thats dominance right?' when we told her uh, no, thats really not dominance she said 'I'm sorry you can't tell dominance on a dog that is clearly being dominant'. I told her to go enlighten someone else and removed her off my facebook, problem solved. XD

I have no problem being rude to people who think they know what to tell ME about MY dog.

Ha, I bumped into an old `friend`  the other night on our walk,  well done him he knew bear was a husky, he then started grabbing him all over like a show judge,  telling me bear was small for a husky,  I laughed and politely pointed out he was oversized in height and weight for the breed standard, and he grabbed him again ! Saying it was all fur.  where do people get off behaving like that,  I wouldn't dream of grabbing a dog I've never met before like that, sometimes I wish he wasn't such a softy, certain people I want to bite myself !

I know.... we're all so happy and so darn lucky to have soooooo many people out there that dont even own dogs , that can help us understand our huskys   LOL  I bet we all deal with the know it all at times,  and we always have a hard time keeping what we Really want to say to them