Cold Callers

Val (Zebedee)

Just got a call from a random mobile number; if I don't recognise the number, I don't answer it any more. If the caller leaves a message, I'll return the call but if not, then I won't call back.

Had 2 today. I use a site called Whocallsme? It's like a forum where you enter the number that's called you & you might see other people post up that they too have received a call from it - it's either PPI claims or Pension help. One of today's is a new one - insurance on your vehicle & they'll give you back what you paid for your car if it gets written off - only 1) they don't and 2) that's why you already have insurance??

Wish I could block the numbers like I could with my old provider but can't find how to do it with Orange :angry:

I get loads that are either "Number withheld" If you don't let me see your number then I ain't talking to you. !!

or "International" Lol same as above. 

Sod Off !!

I've got a blocker app on my phone. But until the number is added to the list, it can still get through. All of our phones are on a federal "Do Not Call Registry", but they still call. They cloak their numbers as well. So if I get a call from some outfit wanting to sell me something, I put that number in the blocker app. Two weeks later, same place with a cloaked number calls again to "follow-up".