Notifications

Val (Zebedee)

Today when I have come on the forum, I had 2 before & 1 notification now, yet when I click on the icon, instead of getting the list show up of new & previous notifications, I get nothing, the box fades to a small 5mm deep box with nothing in it. Is there an issue with them?

Okay, I'm seeing it now as well (on your account). Somehow it doesn't return data but also doesn't return any errors or indicators where it is going wrong. I'll have a look and hope I can find something.

In the mean time you can always click on your name, 'My Settings' and then 'My Notifications' on the left and see all your notifications.

In the pic you're in portrait, does it happen in landscape ??

yep, it happens either way on the tablet or on the desk top, makes no difference (but I can't figure out how to upload screenshots from the PC, only the tablet!) :P Hopefully Jos can try & figure it out now that he can see what happens for himself

To get a screen grab from the PC 

Find the PrtScn button (usually top right(ish) on your keyboard)

Press Alt and PrtScn together.

That will put a copy of whatever is on your screen onto the Clipboard.

You can then Paste it into Paint (find that in programs / accessories on your start button)

Save it from paint as a Jpeg and post it on the forum :)

To get a screen grab from the PC 

Find the PrtScn button (usually top right(ish) on your keyboard)

Press Alt and PrtScn together.

That will put a copy of whatever is on your screen onto the Clipboard.

You can then Paste it into Paint (find that in programs / accessories on your start button)

Save it from paint as a Jpeg and post it on the forum :)

Now see, I've tried stuff like that & while I can save the image etc, can I get it to upload on here?? Can I heck as like! lol You should have seen me mess around with the tablet to upload this pic! But I managed it after about 10 mins .... me & technology aren't the best of friends! :lol:

OK Once you've got your screengrab

on your PC Click start button (bottom left hand corner)

Click on ALL PROGRAMS

scroll down to ACCESSORIES and click on that

find Paint and start that

In the FILE menu create a NEW 

then in the EDIT tab click Paste.

In the FILE menu click Save as

Choose Jpeg, give it a name and save

Then put it on the forum like any normal pic

Aah! Well, it wasn't me actually, but I think I now know why it stopped (and now started) working for you. Right on the 20th you got a notification from a topic called "Never Selling Anything Again 😡". Although the forum should work with unusual characters, it's not impossible something can go wrong with it. You just got another notification, pushing this one out of your list and now your notifications are working again. Coincidence? I don't think so.

In short: A topic with a weird character broke the notifications list. I have changed the topic title and all should work fine again.