Link!!!!

Mobezilla

Gave me a heart attack :(

I just had the scariest 5 minutes of my life, EVER! I was walking Link on the 6ft leash to go pee at night when he decided he wanted to play around. No big deal, he bites at the leash doing zoomies around me, and I indulge him, but somehow he UNCLIPPED IT. I have no idea how! So then he knew he was loose and started circling me 'wooing'. I was so scared, I've only had Link 4 months and he does not have good recall, even for a sibe, he has like ZERO recall. I didn't chase him, I just kept trying to get him to bite the leash, which is his favorite game, so I could grab his collar. Well then he saw a cat. And he was gone. I seriously thought he was gone forever, I couldn't see him at all, and it was dark. I almost felt like crying right there. He disappeared into the bushes and I wanted to run inside and call a search and rescue team. But I went ahead and followed where he had run, and I started yelling 'Link, Link!' then all of a sudden I saw him run by, then go looking for cats. Thankfully they were faster than him and he hadn't gotten one yet but was still searching. He kept disappearing, and I'd go 'Link!' and he'd run back. He wasn't making a game of it, just looking for cats. I finally cornered him behind the shed thing, he could've run out the other way so I tried to stay calm but he just let me catch him. Oh my god. I was still in panic mode for a good 20 minutes afterward. I kept say 'good boy' over and over again after I caught him, and I keep cuddling him saying 'whose a good boy' the entire night. I am so happy I was able to get him back, and think I will be buying an extra carbine or some sort of clip for my lupine leads as I love them so much but obviously they are not 'Link proof'!

Eeeep - that's scary! I feel you, though...I've had some really scary moments involving Suka when he's gotten loose.

Thanks so much Elyse. It was really scary for me, as soon as he disappeared I thought that was it. I was planning on ordering him a martingale/lead combo, meaning its all connected so there's no lead to snap, because I had been worried about my neighbors unsnapping his leash when they pet him, but after tonight I've already contacted the lady who was going to do it and am ordering it as soon as possible. 

So glad you got him back safe :up:

Darwin used to get down on the ground and sort of skoot his face along in the grass.

The clip would be underneath him and would unclip and he'd be off.

After that we put him on a police style lead, clipped on twice !!!

Oh god how scary! So glad u got him back

Me too!

i dont trust clips on leads.

i have extra clips on them but as im in the uk theres no point me telling you where i got them lol i can share a pic of them later

Abby puts carabiners on hers I work at a hardware store and will be seeing what I can do today also ordering a martingale lead in one combo without a snap to walk him on for potty breaks.

Scary glad you got him back x

Me too glad he's safe x

So glad you got him back safe :up:

Darwin used to get down on the ground and sort of skoot his face along in the grass.

The clip would be underneath him and would unclip and he'd be off.

After that we put him on a police style lead, clipped on twice !!!

I am planning on ordering police leads from Sid eventually once I have the spare money haha, that may be an option for me but until then I'm gonna use a martingale lead combo :)

Glad you got him back!!

Thanks, me too!

I am glad you got him back!  That would be SO scary!  I have had a couple close calls too, it is definitely a scary thing. 

I know, I'm just glad I had a panic attack AFTER I got him back xD

i hate that feeling you get when they are off lead! Luka has had 2 incidents and i thought i was gonna die/throw up both times. i'm glad you got him back.

Yes, all of a sudden I heard a 'snap' and I stood there with the leash, dumbfounded, while he did zoomies around me. He knew he was unclipped before I did!

it's the worst feeling, isn't it? Our girl has given us a few heart-stopping moments over the years, but mainly due to people not shutting the front door properly & she's gone.

Such a relief you were able to corner Link quickly - little beggar!!

Yes he gave me quite the scare. Luckily I live alone during the week and in an apartment where you enter the building, then your door, so even if they slip out the door I have that 2nd door for added security. Every time I go out he has a half-check collar on and a 6 ft lead, I /thought/ he was secure. Apparently not but now I've ordered him a 6ft paracord martingale lead combo, watch him slip out of THAT (knock on wood that he doesn't)

For anyone interested this is the lead I ordered him.. I'll be using it with my walking belt so it doesn't hurt my hands but we'll have to see how it works out.

post-8679-0-77591300-1377281405_thumb.jp

eeeeeeeek I read that with hand covering mouth the entire time  :( glad to hear you got him back though..

Yeah it was pretty scary  :( He hasn't gotten off again thankfully as I've been using two leads and collars on him until I get this martingale, he's such a troublemaker. 

Holy hell!

I had palpitations just reading that! We use carabiners on Nika's lead, which definitely work, apart from the one time she managed to get completely out of her harness but we couldn't do anything about that one, apart from panic!

Glad to hear he's home safe!

- Caity