Sunshine Or Steam ?

sarahjng

So, my boy's gone off for his weekend away and I'm freaking out just a tiny bit.  That's a lie I am freaking out all over the place.  He's not a baby, he's 18,  but it's the first time no parental supervision,  I know he has to grow up and do things like this, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

Right now telford feels like the other end of the earth, hate to think what I'd be like if he actually wanted to do the whole 18 - 30 thing probably a combination heart attack/ stroke. 

I felt like this when each of them went to school, and their first scout camp, but this is way worse !  

To all the parents out there, did you feel like this ?  Does it stop ?

It gets easier

but it never stops

it always goes fine the first few times . . . 

so you start to relax when they go off. . . 

Then something stupid happens and you get that phone call that they are in the hospital or at the police station

both because either they or one of their mates has done something utterly dumbass.

We impart all of our knowledge and wisdom which they then completely ignore.

and then ten years after the event, they will on a rare occasion turn around and say. . . "Mum / Dad you were right"

It gets easier

but it never stops

it always goes fine the first few times . . . 

so you start to relax when they go off. . . 

Then something stupid happens and you get that phone call that they are in the hospital or at the police station

both because either they or one of their mates has done something utterly dumbass.

We impart all of our knowledge and wisdom which they then completely ignore.

and then ten years after the event, they will on a rare occasion turn around and say. . . "Mum / Dad you were right"

Now I'm really freaking out !! ARGH

All part of being a parent.

You can't wrap them in bubble wrap forever.

My Eldest son Gary Now 28 had some ROUGH mates, always up to some shenanigans. . :(

My youngest son Erik now 16, no rough mates but is a Longboarder (a type of Skateboarding) and is always in the hospital having broken this or that, doesn't deter him though

(even had his foot run over by a double decker bus once!!!)

Both are good lads, both doing OK.

LIFE has to happen to them

OUCH !  

I know life has to happen, I guess I wish life was a little nicer/easier/less dangerous LOL, 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bubble-Wrap-50cm-33ft-1-7ft/dp/B001XU1P82

:doglaugh:  :doglaugh:

Do they do that in bulk buys LOL

Nothing stopping you from getting multiple rolls. .. 

OH !!! don't forget the gaffer tape :)

Nothing stopping you from getting multiple rolls. .. 

OH !!! don't forget the gaffer tape :)

You've solved the boy issue, how about the `I have a 16 year old daughter`  issue LOL ( her dad says there is no issue, his answer is....

I have a gun and a shovel and no problem going back to prison ) 

We are almost civilized here in Telford lol. I do still worry bout my kids though

LOL good job I didn't realise that's where you were Tina, otherwise I would have been inviting myself to stay 

You've solved the boy issue, how about the `I have a 16 year old daughter`  issue LOL ( her dad says there is no issue, his answer is....

I have a gun and a shovel and no problem going back to prison ) 

16 yr old daughter = Chastity belt

or just take her mobile away. . . amounts to the same thing :)