This Vauxhall Astra Ain't Meant To Be

Val (Zebedee)

We had problems for well over a year trying to find out why the car wouldn't run on LPG - it's dual fuel - then the garage spotted that previous engine work had left part of the wiring loom on a part of the engine that got hot and it was shorting out. Sorted.

We've just had 5 days driving round Holland, Belgium and France no problem (even for me on the 'wrong' side of the road) only for a driver driving towards our car to pull out to overtake a stationary car, pull out too far into our lane, swipe the car, smash the wing mirror, push the wing into the door and gouge the wing and drivers door! Now the wing catches the door stopping you from opening it. And that happened less than 5 miles from our door!

Got to sort through other guy's insurance but flipping heck! We were never meant to have this car!

Oh, poor Val and Steve. . . sigh.

Today I've just fitted a replacement wingmirror

got it off Ebay from ireland.

'Cause someone smacked the old one going past me, completely ripped it off

just hanging there by the wires.

I've replaced about 5 mirrors in the same mirror housing because of people 

clipping it going past.

In the Village there is a really tight spot, and white van men and lorries think they can just bully their way through 

even though their side is obstructed and to avoid them you end up bumping up onto the pavement which is quite tiny itself.

gonna keep them folded in until I get to the motorway from now on LOL