Breed Opinions Wanted !

BearsSlave

P.S I would be a smooth collie, I love the merle bi eyed ones as I grew up around one !

a smooth collie!! :D :D :D you know the rules ;) pictures when he/she arrives, okay? :D sorry the Utonagan wasn't meant to be.. but at least she found a forever home :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you've decided on a collie now but if you do change your mind just check that some of those breeds can be insured. Also a lot of places won't let you take certain breeds (eg.the akita) which is a shame cos I know some horrible dogs that aren't excluded and some lovely dogs that would be.x

Playing devils advocate here but have you considered a Newfoundland or Burnese mountain dog? They are both big dogs but both require decent amounts of exercise, oh yeah and the fact that they're stunning dogs comes into it somewhere too! Lol.

Edited by emma1979

oh no I haven't decided on a breed, someone asked do I prefer smooth or rough collies ! I just mean't I prefer smooth :)

smooth collies are rather hard to find, but to be fair almost all of the breeds you listed are. I guess you're leaning towards purchasing a breeder's pup then? 

smooth collies are rather hard to find, but to be fair almost all of the breeds you listed are. I guess you're leaning towards purchasing a breeder's pup then? 

not necessarily, you would amazed what comes into rescue these days, I am quite happy to wait for the right rescue for a while !