New Vet But Bad News

CARRINGTON

I finally found a vet here where I live!!! I called them and said what my other vet had done recommending science diet although he was on it when we first got him and had runny poops so was switched to the sensitive stomach by the vet with still runny poops which didn't stop until we switched to TOTW. The vet said do not change his food if it works and a lot of the vets use science diet. They asked if our vet did a stool sample and we said no, so they asked us to bring in one to them today. So we brought it in along with Balto and they asked the one question that I never thought of and the other vet never asked "did he go to the puppy park?" We said yes about 5 days before symptoms started and they said sounds like giradia (sp?) or another parasite. They ran the stool tests and it was positive he has giradia :( I of course freaked out but the vet said he looks like he is doing well as he is a hyper husky, eats normally, drinks normally, chases the cat like normal he just has diarrhea. So he is on three different pills which will clear it right up!!!! I am so glad we found a vet and didn't wait.