Help.... I've A Digger!

LauraG89

So I have just gone outside after making a cup of tea to find Indi has dug 2 massive holes in the space of 5 minutes.

She has been well walked 1 hour this morning, 30 mins this afternoon and 1 1/2 hours this evening. We've not long been back in, she has been mentally stimulated as well by playing a game of find the ball with her and also puzzle ball.

I don't know why she has done this or what to do to stop her doing it again.

Please help 

Sorry, Can't help you there but I certainly feel your pain.  Doesn't matter how much exercise mine get, they still love to dig up the garden given half a chance.  Mine do it if they're left unattended outside for any length of time in the evenings, so I  have to make sure they don't go out for long.  Of course sometimes I forget and end up with a new hole, particularly if it's rained.  They seem to like digging wet soil much more!  Good luck, if you ever manage to find a solution, then please share!  lol.

Mine are diggers and even lie down next to a hole while one of the foster pups digs!!! My garden looks like a re-enactment of the Battle of the Somme.  Some people suggest that if you in fill the hole with their poop this will deter them from digging, but they may start digging somewhere else though, but it might be worth trying.

I'll give the poop a go I think. The fence line luckily has already been re-enforced under the surface with chicken wire all around, luckily on all the 3 sides  the neighbours have concrete slabs in their garden so she can't escape just worried me or nevaeh may fall in or will end up with a garden full of trenches... :/

I have holes that would snap your leg off at the knee if you stepped into them.

As fast as you fill them in more appear.

As for pooping in the holes. . . :eek:

I would do it in the dark of night. . . lord knows what the neighbours would think. . . :P

I'd love to do this however I already have a sand box for my daughter and that is off limits for Indi unfortunately and wouldn't like to give mixed messages, but that's a great idea thanks. I may re-arrange the garden slightly to give her designated dig area, maybe fence it off for her use only. 

They're huskies, digging holes is what they do! I feel your frustration with it though, Mia can dig a huge hole in a matter of seconds, usually right in the middle of the lawn, or at the roots of the shrubs! My guys aren't left unattended in the garden, but I still get lots of holes when my backs turned! I have a yard at the side of my house where they toilet and play unattended, this area is just for the dogs, I try to keep my garden mainly dog free. The dogs also have a run and kennel at the bottom of the garden, the base of this is concrete.

Just yesterday Mia dug 2 holes whilst out on a walk.....one in the woodbark of a play area and another next to a bench we sat at!

I've never tried to stop her digging as I appreciate its a breed trate, I have just put measures in place to keep my garden nice as best I can.

Hope you can rethink your garden and do the same? maybe fench a dog area off or provide a sandpit? Mia just loves sand :-)

We got a kiddie pool and filled with dirt and kc will only dig in that, albe it she's only 5months and had her pool since day3 of having her, not sure if that made a difference as that's all she's known...

Andy- omg lmao

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

dont waste your time tryin to stop it   get a pit pony for a friend to keep your fluffy company get a hard hat wi a lamp on top so she can see were she is goin boots to keep her feet clean the hardest bit is the training of leaving boots at back door have a sandwich ready for when she is done (its hard work need caleries)  wait a year and your pond is dug for you  then she can chase fish insted :rofl: