Missing Male Husky - Ruislip Middlese Ha4 (Found!)

Biggles

Ollie was out in the back garden before 7.00 am and I get a knock on the door from the neighbor with Levi, but no Ollie.  He has been missing for over an hour now and we cannot see how the dogs managed to escape from the garden.  Have an 8' back gate and the garden is secure.  Trying to all all the vets, Dogs Lost etc,

Sorry to hear ollie is out, I'm sure you'll find him soon. After 9, contact the local council dog warden and any local kennels / rspca / pdsa type of animal places too. Also register with animalwarden.com. I wish I was nearer to help trawl the area, keep us updated x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

Oh no you must be frantic :( Mia got out earlier this year and was gone for over an hour......she was found inside a neighbours chicken coop! Very sad for the chickens, but such a relief to get Mia back safe and sound!

I will keep my fingers crossed Ollie is having fun exploring and is returned soon x

He's been found.  My son found him scavenging in gardens/bins about 1/4 mile from where we live, after being lost for 2 hours.  He'd been fed already!!!!  I have never felt so sick in all my life.  Came back wagging his tail and because he wasn't allowed out in the garden decided to dig in his water bowl instead and so I now have a flooded kitchen.  One flat tyre from being out driving down back alleyways looking for him and god knows how many more grey hairs.  Ollie needs a bath as he is covered in god knows what.

Glad you got both back safe.

Was the back gate locked ??

Maybe someone opened the gate from the outside and they shot out.

Check the inner fences for holes they could have got into a neighbours garden then out.

Found out what happened next door neighbour attached a short fence and post to my post which was for the gate and this pulled the huge post I have backwards and so the bolt came away from its hole.  Gate and lock have been there for 30+ years.  Had previously told neighbour not to attach anything to my fence.  Unfortunately the house is rented out and they just get maintenance people in.

Glad you found out how they got out.

Get the screwdriver out and move the bolt and hole. :)

We are now in the process of putting multiple locks on the back gate so this doesn't happen again.  Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.  I got a flat tyre hunting Ollie and it has just cost me £67 for a new one.  The one that got damaged was only 6 weeks old.  Anyways what is £67 when we have him safe and sound.

When Mia escaped she got out through the side gate which had been left off the latch by my youngest's friends.......since then the gate now has 2 bolts and a heavy duty lock.....the gate is only ever unlocked now if the dogs are locked safely in their dog run!

Fingers crossed our pups never get out again!

Found out what happened next door neighbour attached a short fence and post to my post which was for the gate and this pulled the huge post I have backwards and so the bolt came away from its hole.  Gate and lock have been there for 30+ years.  Had previously told neighbour not to attach anything to my fence.  Unfortunately the house is rented out and they just get maintenance people in.

I was very sorry to hear about this when you called us this morning, but was obviously very relieved to hear when they had both been found. You will aleady know why I have been offline today. I hope they don't try escaping from Daniel's garden with all the work that the three (four including El) of us have done there, and still need to finish off!