Getting Older

Val (Zebedee)

Lately, in the last few weeks, we've noticed Diesel has trouble standing up from a sitting / lying position, his feet slide across the wooden floor. He has been to the groomers & had his hairy toes trimmed but wondered if there was anything else I can do? I have found a runner / long mat that I have put down, but Kaviq likes to lie on that & I can't put it where D usually lies (in front of the lounge door) as the door will not open!

Any ideas please peeps?

Oh Val, we went through this with our Elke.  We had runners throughout the kitchen and hall, due to the tile floor.  Elke could not get any traction at all.  These runners were maybe 3/16" or about 5mm thick.  I think we picked them up at Walmart.  In the UK, Walmart is Asda or something like that.  Don't know if they carry the same thing in your neck of the woods.  These were a thin carpet with no nap, and a rubberized backing.  About 24" wide by about 6ft long.  They sort of gripped the floor.

would paw wax help? ive heard its supposed to help with grip and its not too expensive either , only £5 from pets at home 

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/paw-wax-50g-dog-paws-protector-by-shaws-36437?freeText=paw+wax&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

Paw Wax by Shaws is been developed to protect dog's paws all year round, preventing damage and providing grip.
The wax increases grip on smooth or slippery surfaces and prevents damage from such surfaces as gravel, ice, snow and harder sufaces.