What To Do

huskywolfdog

On rainy days here I look for indoor stores I can take my dogs...not sure if you have any over there or not.  Also some hide and seek with some treats or some training ;)

Unless it's a seeing eye dog for the blind. Almost without exception 

(apart from SOME pet stores), dogs are not allowed in any stores in the UK

Fill the Kongs, empty pop bottles with treats in.

Good brushing, training.

get the percoalator going with some good coffee

Crank up the TV and watch some Breaking Bad.

That's what I did. :)

I don't walk Dime on rainy days because typically the rain is very heavy =\ he has ear infection and I don't want it to get worse so... yeah usually we stay indoors. Sometimes I get him a small chunk of apple or cheese and teach him new tricks :) these dogs LOVE to learn

Wow. There at several stores we have that you can take dogs to. We have what's called Bass Pro shop that allows dogs, it's an outdoor enthusiasts super store, and a local nursery allows dogs and I have about 6 pet stores within a half hour

It's Law here.

Wow. There at several stores we have that you can take dogs to. We have what's called Bass Pro shop that allows dogs, it's an outdoor enthusiasts super store, and a local nursery allows dogs and I have about 6 pet stores within a half hour

:(   In Chicago some bars allow dogs and even restaurants with outdoor seating!  

Most especially food retailing and restaurants not allowed here.

As I said except seeing eye dogs.

Some pubs with outdoor gardens with tables, but the dogs are not allowed into the premises.

About to go and walk mine as usual in the rain.  Dogs will not accept rain as a good enough reason not to go out, they'd have to be half dead and even then I suspect they'd still want to go out.  Could try and convince them otherwise but I'd be fighting a losing battle, lol.    Brooke's the only exception, she hates the rain with a passion. 

There is a pub near us that allows dogs indoors at their discretion.  We used to go there when we just had Brooke.  However, I can't imagine they'd be too pleased with 2 large, bouncy dogs in their pub!  So no drinkies for us tonight, Boo!

We've got a couple of pubs nearby we can sit outside with the dogs, but not indoors, although went we went on holiday to a small country village he was allowed in the pub restaurant as long as he behaved. I think it depends on the area a lot,  their allowed in our local pet shops but as their small and crowded it's a total nightmare, EVERYTHING is at head hight (theirs not mine lol)

On the topic of stores that are dog friendly - I was surprised to find that the local Wal-Mart is!!  Saw a fellow walking around the store - the food section, no less - with his dog in tow.  After I picked my chin up off the floor I asked if that was a service dog and he said no, that Wal-Mart's policy is to be dog friendly!

Guess it is a lot better than the reputation of requiring that a dog be left in a car - when the outside temp is 100+!

About to go and walk mine as usual in the rain. Dogs will not accept rain as a good enough reason not to go out, they'd have to be half dead and even then I suspect they'd still want to go out. Could try and convince them otherwise but I'd be fighting a losing battle, lol. Brooke's the only exception, she hates the rain with a passion.

There is a pub near us that allows dogs indoors at their discretion. We used to go there when we just had Brooke. However, I can't imagine they'd be too pleased with 2 large, bouncy dogs in their pub! So no drinkies for us tonight, Boo!

mine are the same even half dead they'd still expect their walks lol ,, I quite enjoy walking in the rain u don't see anyone else about n there's no cats out either so that's a bonus

Only time I don't walk bings is when fireworks start goin off because he refuses to go out but I still have 2 walk blaze n skyla

Bear gets walked rain,sleet,snow or shine as  I think he'd go insane without it so I have no suggestions :(
on the subject of allowing dogs in places, as long as we ask politely and introduce bear nicely and well behaved there haven't been many places we haven't been allowed in with him,our local pubs all have dogs of their own for him to play with !

mine are the same even half dead they'd still expect their walks lol ,, I quite enjoy walking in the rain u don't see anyone else about n there's no cats out either so that's a bonus

Only time I don't walk bings is when fireworks start goin off because he refuses to go out but I still have 2 walk blaze n skyla

Yeah Brooke hates fireworks too. She's mostly deaf but somehow still knows when a firework has gone off.

In our local town the dog can go in the bank, carphone warehouse and the key cutting shop...so far :)

Trying to source a "special needs dog in training" jacket from my mate so I can take her anywhere! Xx