Pongo And His New Backpack

lynnmw1208

That's great! I'd love for my kids to carry their own stuff! Did you have to gradually build up to him wearing it? :D

We did start by walking around the neighborhood with 8oz of water in bottles on each side then worked up to 16oz then the bottles were full on this trip. What we did initially was make a big fuss about what a good boy he was when we first put it on him. He associates the pack with praise and walks so he loves it :)

Looks Good Lynn.

He's looking at you and thinking.

Mums making me carry all this water around and look

loads of free water right under my paws !!!

I've looked at these a few times but can't help but think they may get a little warm... they look fantastic though

I thought the same thing when I was first looking at them. He actually seems to act exactly the same when we walk with the backpack and when we don't. He was always a water hog and would gulp water after any walk. I did fill the bottles up with mostly ice so maybe that kept him a bit cool. Doesn't seem to bother him any more than the sun does on any other day lol. 

Looks Good Lynn.

He's looking at you and thinking.

Mums making me carry all this water around and look

loads of free water right under my paws !!!

hahaha. He actually didn't drink much from the river which is weird. we do have a collapsible plastic bowel for him when he wants water on the trail that doesn't meet the river.